Had the van detailed today.

Cyb3rj0n

Unfortunately due to believing the dealer I got this off when it was described as immaculate bodywork, one wash and whatever black polish/filler was on it came off revealing a van covered in scratches, and old graphics.

So having paid a detailer this is the end result
IMG-20200623-WA0018.jpgIMG-20200623-WA0014.jpgIMG-20200623-WA0015.jpg

Looks stunning.

I always say, never judge a detailing when it's fresh, always report back with your opinions after several weeks, so keep us updated because for all that work and a ceramic coating, that's the cheapest i've seen. Most detailers would charge double that for a 3 stage machine polish and ceramic finish.
How long did they have your T6?

Looks stunning.

I always say, never judge a detailing when it's fresh, always report back with your opinions after several weeks, so keep us updated because for all that work and a ceramic coating, that's the cheapest i've seen. Most detailers would charge double that for a 3 stage machine polish and ceramic finish.
How long did they have your T6?
Hi tourershine

It was 3 passes on the rear doors, the rest was two, roof was only washed and not machine polished.
It took 9hrs, with a spray ceremic wax no fillers. I have no idea if that's too quick but he had the van from 07.30, and literally finished 16:30.

Hopefully will look great in a few weeks the guy has great reviews so happy as it's a huge difference, more disappointed with the sly way this was originally masked it looked stunning when I viewed but after one wash the true condition became apparent.

Jon

Hi tourershine

It was 3 passes on the rear doors, the rest was two, roof was only washed and not machine polished.
It took 9hrs, with a spray ceremic wax no fillers. I have no idea if that's too quick but he had the van from 07.30, and literally finished 16:30.

Hopefully will look great in a few weeks the guy has great reviews so happy as it's a huge difference, more disappointed with the sky way this was originally masked it looked stunning when I viewed but after one wash the true condition became apparent.

Jon
I had a quote for a one stage pass (van is fairly new) and a ceramic coating (3 years guaranteed) and the detailer wanted the van for two days. The quote came in at £600.

Hi tourershine

That makes far more sense now.
Report back after 6 weeks or so if possible mate. Always great to read follow up reviews.

I had a quote for a one stage pass (van is fairly new) and a ceramic coating (3 years guaranteed) and the detailer wanted the van for two days. The quote came in at £600.
This was classed as a stage one treatment polish, the wax was the 1st level, 6 months protection, I believe if it was the three years it was £600.
For the outcome and what I've paid I'm really happy.

I had exactly the same problem,van looked immaculate,two or three washes later it looked shocking. I had a full paint correction and a five year self healing ceramic coating applied and it transformed the van completely. I paid a lot more than you but it took 60 hours so fair enough! As long as you are happy with the results then whatever you have paid doesnt matter anyhow. As @Tourershine says,its always great to hear follow up reviews

I had exactly the same problem,van looked immaculate,two or three washes later it looked shocking. I had a full paint correction and a five year self healing ceramic coating applied and it transformed the van completely. I paid a lot more than you but it took 60 hours so fair enough! As long as you are happy with the results then whatever you have paid doesnt matter anyhow. As @Tourershine says,its always great to hear follow up reviews
I think short of paint there's some scratches that are simply not coming out still, but overall it looks really good, will definitely post an update in six weeks. It's getting another coat of wax in December.

60hrs!! That's an insane amount of work, it must look factory new

Yes,massive amount of work he puts in to them but the paintwork was really bad and like you,i obviously chose the worst colour in the world to keep right although in my opinion,the best colour when it is right. It looked better than factory new in my opinion,i have seen them brand new,marks all over the place and polished to death before they are picked up as was the case with mine,heres a couple of beforesimage1.JPGimage2.JPGimage3.JPGimage6.JPG

Thanks,yes it was pretty bad,god only knows what sort of idiots had been let loose with the polisher on it,crazy that they do things like that and then get away with selling them to us!

9 hours to correct and protect a vehicle that size is super fast imo. Was this just one person working on it, or two, therefore 18 hours?

Can I just add to this thread as there's obviously a lot of experience on here - especially @Tourershine . I bought a pre registered 2019 LWB 204 in Indium Grey back at the end of March with about 60 miles on the clock. It sat in the same compound in Surrey that it had been in since August last year when it was first registered, and for the last week it's been at Three Bridge in Milton Keynes being cut up.... :oops: I'm planning on having it ceramic coated when they finish in about three weeks time. What level of treatment should a new van like this need? That said, given @Cyb3rj0n experience from a stealership, I guess anything's possible! Any recommendations for detailers in Milton Keynes?

Can I just add to this thread as there's obviously a lot of experience on here - especially @Tourershine . I bought a pre registered 2019 LWB 204 in Indium Grey back at the end of March with about 60 miles on the clock. It sat in the same compound in Surrey that it had been in since August last year when it was first registered, and for the last week it's been at Three Bridge in Milton Keynes being cut up.... :oops: I'm planning on having it ceramic coated when they finish in about three weeks time. What level of treatment should a new van like this need? That said, given @Cyb3rj0n experience from a stealership, I guess anything's possible! Any recommendations for detailers in Milton Keynes?
It’s honestly impossible to tell the level of work that will be needed without seeing the condition of the paintwork. It depends how the supplying dealer has treated it since it was sat in the compound gathering dust etc.

If the dealer has given it a machine polish to buff it up to a good shine for delivery then a lot could’ve gone wrong. It’s not uncommon for dealers to leave buffing trails, swirl marks etc in paintwork because of poor machine polishing work. Often you don’t see it, or at least the worst of it until you’ve washed the vehicle a couple of times and removed the “protection” that they’ve given it. Some are much better at preparing a vehicle than others, so it may be in good condition.

I had a full 2 stage machine polish of my van done (excluding roof) and that took 1 man 2 working days. It could’ve done with even more work to get it 100% perfect, but at the time I was willing to go with 90% and not pay an extra day to get to 100%. With a quality ceramic coating applied over that and left to cure indoors for 12 hours I paid £800. It would’ve been about £1200 to have been a 100% job, but I didn’t have the extra at the time so I made the compromise. To most people they wouldn’t notice the few deeper marks that weren’t removed during my treatment though.

The best thing you can do is wait until you get your van back from the converter and then post some close up pictures of your paintwork on here for advice. Also, look for recommendations for good detailers near you and then get them to look at it and give you a quote. Until they look at it and give their expert opinion you won’t really know, but we can give you some guidance to the level of correction that might be needed.

Pricing for detailing work can vary wildly depending on the experience, knowledge and quality of the detailer and it can be tempting to go with cheap prices, but this is definitely one of those jobs that you should go with recommendations for, it really pays in the long run to get the job done well, by someone known to be good at what they do.

Hi tourershine

Hopefully will look great in a few weeks the guy has great reviews so happy as it's a huge difference, more disappointed with the sky way this was originally masked it looked stunning when I viewed but after one wash the true condition became apparent.

Jon
That sounds a fair amount of work for the price you paid, I too would be interested to hear how it’s holding up after a couple of months or so. I expect the spray ceramic wax will need regular topping up to maintain its properties, but the finish looks really good.

Back