H&R Springs Warranty Question

VanMan48

T6 Pro
Hey,

Firstly love this forum, been really helpful and friendly in my run up to getting the new kombi in a few weeks time.

My question is, I want to lower it (T32) and was going to go for h&r 40mm, but am concerned it would void the warranty for any problems occurring related.

So the other option is Eibach 30mm which would avoid any of this as they are dealer approved, but wanted to see any pics of folks who have lowered 30mm on 18" wheels on a T32 (sorry to be specific!). How do you find it rides?

Was just thinking as it's a heavier van would it sit a bit lower on these giving a slightly lower and better drop?

Thanks!

Hi, had the Eibachs on a T32 with 18" wheels. Sat too high, hence why I now have B14's. Equally the ride was not as comfortable as it is now and was "crashy".

My advice is to run it a while std, tge n decide, but I'd opt for the b14 with the h&r anti roll bars due to the pisative reviews on here :thumbsup:

Yeah can't stretch to the B14s for a while sadly as this van has cleaned me out! I see that custom vanz do 40mm Eibach but can't find much feedback about those. Maybe less of a warranty issue if I used the same brand as VW stealers do....

I'd run as is, and save it up, get some miles on it first, then some test drives and chats to the likes of bognor motors, no rush, otherwise you might regret it..

I got the dealer to fir H&R 40s to my van prior to delivery, I have not driven it yet and won't until July but I'm happy with how it looks. Had the Eibach 30mm on my T5.1 and they were fine I just prefer the extra 10mm now as it looks better with 18''s I think! I hope they drive well.

IMG_2657.JPG

I spy the palmerstons, are they the glossy black/polished ?
Think they are my favourite VW wheel

I got the dealer to fir H&R 40s to my van prior to delivery, I have not driven it yet and won't until July but I'm happy with how it looks. Had the Eibach 30mm on my T5.1 and they were fine I just prefer the extra 10mm now as it looks better with 18''s I think! I hope they drive well.

View attachment 8762
Did the dealer say anything about warranty when fitting the H&R's? Prob the way I will go too until I can afford b14s!

They had no problem at all and said it would not effect the warranty. Also B14 were not in budget at the moment.
@Pauly. Yes the Palmerston wheel are the gloss black/polished ones, I got an amazing price of the dealer for these, not sure how he managed it or if on their system prices incorrectly but anywhere else was at least twice the price including the forum shop (not saying the shop is expensive by any means as they were second cheapest)!
Hopefully they will look well when they are fitted!!!

I had the -30 mm Eibachs on a T5 T32 Kombi with 18" alloys and the ride was harsh and trashy, also it was no better on the standard 17"steels. Our T6 Shuttle has remained on the standard suspension and wheels and rides much better.

I am getting Bognor Regis Oli to do mine and booked in for 7th July for B14s! I am concerned about warranty, but then again, I think it has to be related or deemed as cause of whatever may go wrong to mean that they didn't do the work. This would have to be steering or suspension fault, which if I am having them professionally fitted, am not sure could affect it?

Also, has this affected anyone's insurance? As a long standing customer of VW insurance, they actually gave me the cheapest quote (after haggling somewhat!) and I will have to inform them so worried they are going to hike it up. Thoughts?

Also, has this affected anyone's insurance? As a long standing customer of VW insurance, they actually gave me the cheapest quote (after haggling somewhat!) and I will have to inform them so worried they are going to hike it up. Thoughts?
I'm with Comfort rather than VW but I contacted them before having my B14s fitted and they confirmed it would not affect the premium. In fact they went as far as saying that, as long as the van remained road legal, the only mods that would affect the premium would be anything that increased the engine power.

Bognor Motors also fitted B14s to my Beach, my policy with Admiral multicar went up £1 when I told them !

Got B14's, insured with A-plan, no increase when I informed them as it is a "modified vehicle" policy.

Anyone got a side view of standard and then 30 mm drop. Vans already harsh enough so putting me off going 50mm.

Before anyone mentions B14's they are not an option.

Back