Grille painting cost

They look awesome @TW2904 ! Well done! I'm definitely going to go ahead and do that now. I was just worried that the dimpled texture would look crap, but it seems with the right prep, it's not even an issue - your's look great!

Finally got mine fitted. Unfortunately vanstyle sent 2 of the same side in the small trims so missing one of those until they send replacement but I am very happy with the quality of the finish. He did say it took more prep than expected, but stuck to original quote, which was 360 for grill, dog bone, trims and the LV-S chin / splitter. Including fitting, which I think is very reasonable. Company is ultimate finish in solihull, in case anyone wants to use them.

FCE32DC5-7A0D-4623-A145-26BF9466D27C.jpeg

2E56669E-8673-4BD8-A809-56120FE0C63A.jpeg

8CDE9612-101A-403E-B349-80C01C6BDAFD.jpeg

Last edited:
I've just had my lower grills painted and my top grill as well for £100, should have been £150 but my painter had the parts for over a month as i wasnt in any rush!

I finally got my upper and lower grilles painted gloss black - so happy with the result, and so glad I didn't go through the hassle and expense of having some sent out from England. For anyone in my part of the world in Australia, I used LowCo Customs in Moledinar, Gold Coast, Queensland; total cost was $850 (for those of you in the UK, that's about £350). Really pleased with the service -- on time, on budget and did an excellent job! Now I need to get a set of fog lights!

IMG_2568.jpeg

IMG_2569.jpeg

IMG_2574.jpeg

I finally got my upper and lower grilles painted gloss black - so happy with the result, and so glad I didn't go through the hassle and expense of having some sent out from England. For anyone in my part of the world in Australia, I used LowCo Customs in Moledinar, Gold Coast, Queensland; total cost was $850 (for those of you in the UK, that's about £350). Really pleased with the service -- on time, on budget and did an excellent job! Now I need to get a set of fog lights!

View attachment 163085

View attachment 163086

View attachment 163087
lovely, tho shouldve done the bottom sections of the mirror as well :)

I did my own. Stripped the grills out of the bumper, used rattle can black plastic primer filler. Then I used piano black base coat and lacquer. As long as you prep it right it looks great.
Chris

Can anyone recommend somewhere in the Devon area to go to for painting the front grills gloss black.

Just been quoted £750 + vat which I thought was a little on the steep side?

Can anyone recommend somewhere in the Devon area to go to for painting the front grills gloss black.

Just been quoted £750 + vat which I thought was a little on the steep side?
That sounds very steep! Paid 350 inc painting and fitting of the grills and a Leighton chin and splitter. Maybe worth considering courier to somewhere else? The place that did mine did a great job.

Back