Greetings from South Africa : )

slownick

20170104_115810.jpg

20170104_104207.jpg

Hi , picked up my grey T6 Caravelle Comfortline on the 4th of January , please forgive me as im still learning to post up pictures !

Thank You guys :) , im from a city called Durban on the east coast where we love our VW's !

20170106_171851.jpg
20170114_145443.jpg
20170114_145402.jpg

So i replaced the original fog bulbs with a HID kit and got a key cover since i have a habit of dropping my keys !

Hey welcome along my bro from Durbs.
Fellow saffa here, originally From PE.

Lovely bus you got there bud!!

@slownick , never mind.... you are living up to your name

I do miss my friends, family and the rich diversity that is on offer in SA. I miss golden beaches and enjoying the seafront.
I don't miss the vast unemployment, poverty, crime and the thieving government.
I try and visit every two years,I have some great holiday memories of what I still call my home. Can only hope one day my kids can appreciate it too.

That mk1 golf is awesome looking! What's the spec of the motor? My dad had a small bumper 1800 '86 Jetta. Also in red. Bought it new, sold it in about '99 / 2000.

Hi Spyker ,welcome from an overseas member in Australia.
Great forum and very helpful , knowledgeable group. Bet you cant wait to pick it up.

Hi Guys and Girls, I just bought a T6.1 Transporter 4Motion. Removed the OEM tyres and fitted GY Wrangler AT 235/65R17 and then went wild camping in the Cederberg just North of Cape Town. I cannot believe how well the van went as i tried to find a lot of gravel roads, jeep tracks and I also managed to find some thick sand with a stream and tested out the diff lock. What an awesome van. also managed to fit a full sheet of shutterply about 500mm above the floor level, so all my camping gear and food was under the "bed". My wife said it was the most comfortable camping sleep ever. I am so chuffed with this van and how it goes. Now for a couple more mods and then some time off work so we can go and explore in the van.

Hi Mark.. welcome

I for one would love to see some pictures of your adventure off the beaten tracks of South Africa.

Hi all, trust you are well and enjoying your great vehicles. I am from Mossel Bay, South Africa and very excited about my t6.1, 146kw, DSG, 4motion. I love it already and hope that it will last a long, long time
Greetings,
Dirk

Hi all, trust you are well and enjoying your great vehicles. I am from Mossel Bay, South Africa and very excited about my t6.1, 146kw, DSG, 4motion. I love it already and hope that it will last a long, long time
Greetings,
Dirk
I worked offshore Mossel Bay years ago doing O&G surveys for BHP Billiton. Having travelled all over the worlds oceans I think it must be one of the most amazing places to see wildlife. You’re very lucky, I hope it didn’t get screwed up.

Back