Got to say I f***ing love my van

Chippie1

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I’ve always wanted a transporter since the t5 era and have never been in a position to afford one last year I finally found my self in a position to finally buy one! I’ve loved every minute of it even though it’s my work van also being a kombi it is also now our first choice of weekend transport leaving the wives car firmly on the drive!

drove over 200 miles on B roads yesterday through the cotswolds on a glorious sunny day with the biggest smile on my face I was like a kid grinning all the way and can’t remember having that feeling about a vehicle in a long time!

so just thought I would post my excitement and if there’s anyone thinking shall I or shan’t I just do it you won’t regret it

i also have been longing for one for years, finally thought im having one and the prices have gone silly,
im seriously thinking of buying one with 80,000 miles

I have to say I’m pleased with my new camper. I never wanted to modify any previous cars I’ve had until now. I do miss my BMW 430d for sheer driving pleasure at speed. I’ve become more leisurely driving the van. The only thing is I now to think more about where to park a LWB and if there are height restrictions

I have to say I’m pleased with my new camper. I never wanted to modify any previous cars I’ve had until now. I do miss my BMW 430d for sheer driving pleasure at speed. I’ve become more leisurely driving the van. The only thing is I now to think more about where to park a LWB and if there are height restrictions
I did have a golf r couple of years back and yes was great fun but for different reasons

I passed my test in June 1991 and have personally owned 52 cars, motorbikes and vans - I have a spreadsheet :rolleyes:

I can honestly say I have never ever felt this way about another vehicle - I’ve had 2 Transporters and I cannot think of anything else I would want to replace it with. I’m only on my second one because I stupidly sold the first one and regretted every second.

They become part of the family - we have had so many great times in my Transporter.

Sorry for being gushy :whistle:

9CA9B7AB-59F0-40C6-93CE-4162EDEC7829.jpeg

00BFAD59-BB21-45BC-AB16-DBF3911473F8.jpeg

FA38CDEF-7A11-4E55-9F37-3ED0456CBEB6.jpeg

EA910819-F689-469E-ACA0-D756DD7AF861.jpeg

9F2770B6-C762-42F0-A1AA-DAC03CFD372D.jpeg

You can get help but first you have to admit it’s a problem.

The spreadsheet is mainly for evidential purposes when someone says they don’t believe me :sneaky:

I can actually remember every registration number perfectly well without it, as well as all the cars my mum and dad have had since I was born.

I think the spreadsheet is the least of my problems :whistle:

I'm so glad it's not just me! I finally got mine last week after the brand new conversion was completed. Haven't really had a chance to get to know it until yesterday when I had a poke around all the nooks and crannies and started to put my bits and bobs in it. I've had some good cars in the past, Audi S5, Porsche Boxster, but like you folks nothing puts a smile on my face like my new camper. Just pootling around in it is so much fun. I think I might burst with excitement when I do my first night away in it. I ****ing love my van too. So much so that I took it to work for the first time today and sat in the car park to have my lunch in it. Can't stop smiling. Let the adventures begin!
IMG-20221230-WA0003.jpg

Back