Got swiped by a delivery van

Good luck with that.
I got hit by a UPS van while parked a couple of years ago, they denied it was even in the area. Cost me £1.5k for a new n/s cab door and paint matching with increased insurance premiums as there wasn't any 3rd party liability.

Any proof then?

Dashcam footage?

Was you in the van at the time?

You have to wonder if insurance companies under the same underwriter are working together to reduce payouts.
My car was hit by a delivery truck some time ago, I have a video with the car parked with a truck stuck in the bumper (reg plates shown), truck driver apologising and accepting liability.
The other drivers insurance company refused to acknowledge the liability.
Crooks!

I followed a DPD van along the M25 in the outside lane at 70 for 2 miles on Saturday - absolutely nothing in the 2 lanes to his left

makes me wonder if a lot of these drivers actually have passed their tests

The drivers company have been great so far and I have cctv too so not expecting any issues from the Ins co but we’ll see

You have to wonder if insurance companies under the same underwriter are working together to reduce payouts.
My car was hit by a delivery truck some time ago, I have a video with the car parked with a truck stuck in the bumper (reg plates shown), truck driver apologising and accepting liability.
The other drivers insurance company refused to acknowledge the liability.
Crooks!
Your claim is with the driver you can always proceed against him yourself if you wish.

Reactions: GJH
No i wasn’t in the van but saw it through the window, thankfully I have cctv of the incident

It's not an offence to undertake in that sort of situation, however what you shouldn't do is move into a left hand lane to undertake a vehicle that have been following. So if you were in the empty lane 1 all along, staying in lane 1 to pass the slower moving vehicle is perfectly acceptable.

I was hit by a Stagecoach bus, who subsequently drove off. I chased him to his next stop & blocked him. He put his head out of the window & said “it’s only a scratch” :mad:. I contacted Stagecoach & they were very good. They had a in-house claims dept & just said send us the bill. They paid out no problem. Didn’t even involve the insurance company, apparently their excess is £150k

AFAIK.....undertaking is not an offence but is a no, no in the Highway Code so you could get prosecuted for Careless/Inconsiderate......
But if you are in crawling traffic in all lanes, its fine.

Back