Go Outdoors in administration

Thats how I've interpreted all the information also. It's disgusting that this practice is legal imho.
If you put a company into administration you should be banned from buying it back to stop things like this. I for one will not be shopping at Go Outdoors.
Unfortunately it’s the hard nose face of business...in the case of our local Go outdoor it was an old MFI, was empty for a long time .
Rents might have been cheap to start then increase but if a business group is only interested in dividends for share holders ..it forgots to pay its bills and a living wage for the employees ....then thinks the bailiffs are at the door, lets go into administration
it’s all too easy......
For a small outfit that relies on reputation to work..you just can’t do it........trouble is everyone wants it for half price
Just brought some timber...Now that’s gone up..so pay more VAT :cry:

Thats how I've interpreted all the information also. It's disgusting that this practice is legal imho.
If you put a company into administration you should be banned from buying it back to stop things like this. I for one will not be shopping at Go Outdoors.

Go may have been owned by millets or black previously then JD is a different company all together
It could be a different JD like JD Yorkshire now

Limited liability goes back to the days of Margret Thatcher were every one was encouraged to buy there homes and start a business
There fore putting limitations in place to protect people’s money they don’t want to invest into there companies

Go may have been owned by millets or black previously then JD is a different company all together
It could be a different JD like JD Yorkshire now

Limited liability goes back to the days of Margret Thatcher were every one was encouraged to buy there homes and start a business
There fore putting limitations in place to protect people’s money they don’t want to invest into there companies
Limited liability companies go back to before Maggie was even born!

Big business relies on contract suppliers giving the best price.....when the poor contractor can’t supply the quality at the price anymore.. the big business ditches the contractor and buys a cheaper alternative at a lower quality but does not pass on any savings....
Consumer’s still think there getting the real deal...those brand loyal types get hit even worse....ever noticed that quality of some of your old favourites has changed :cry:

Big business relies on contract suppliers giving the best price.....when the poor contractor can’t supply the quality at the price anymore.. the big business ditches the contractor and buys a cheaper alternative at a lower quality but does not pass on any savings....
Consumer’s still thing there getting the real deal...those brand loyal types get hit even worse....ever noticed that quality of some of your old favourites has changed :cry:

Exactly, but there are enough savvy consumers that walk away and then the PLC tries to cover up thier failing to shareholders by using a global crisis to 'restructure' and make themselves look like the heroes to the stock market... Crikey I sound like I need some tin foil to make a new hat:slow rofl:

Exactly, but there are enough savvy consumers that walk away and then the PLC tries to cover up thier failing to shareholders by using a global crisis to 'restructure' and make themselves look like the heroes to the stock market... Crikey I sound like I need some tin foil to make a new hat:slow rofl:
Perhaps it’s a ploy by a certain country that started covid to sweep up when where all in administration :rofl:

Back