Glad We Were In Our T6 Very Lucky..

NP01

We were stationary giving way for a lorry to pass when we were hit at 50mph by another van didnt even see us as on their phone! and we ended up the road 100yds. Everyone suffered whiplash and sore ribs and backs but feeling thankful we were in the van I couldn't imagine the damage if we were in our car. A sad day for the T6 alot of time spent on her and heart breaking to look at I can only think she will be written off but she definitely saved my families lives. Hopefully insurance will be good to us as other party have said 100% their fault. Has anyone had any experience wether I will be offered to take off anything from van if written off or will it just be taken away? https://photos.app.goo.gl/rXdyv6KhVrnPKTKQA

Glad you're ok. I know we love our van but at the end of the day they are just a lump of metal.

Damage looks like it would be a write off but I'm sure someone will repair it and put it back on the road.

We were stationary giving way for a lorry to pass when we were hit at 50mph by another van didnt even see us as on their phone! and we ended up the road 100yds. Everyone suffered whiplash and sore ribs and backs but feeling thankful we were in the van I couldn't imagine the damage if we were in our car. A sad day for the T6 alot of time spent on her and heart breaking to look at I can only think she will be written off but she definitely saved my families lives. Hopefully insurance will be good to us as other party have said 100% their fault. Has anyone had any experience wether I will be offered to take off anything from van if written off or will it just be taken away? https://photos.app.goo.gl/rXdyv6KhVrnPKTKQA
Glad that you and your family are ok, what a horrible experience.

I think if written off you can ask for salvage + settlement?
Not letting insurance take it away important if you want to go that route.

I had my T5 written off when a car decided to “head on” on my side of the road at 30mph. Insurance company sent engineer out and the offer more than book value so I went and bought a T6 Caravelle :thumbsup:

... as other party have said 100% their fault.
Glad to hear you're all ok, but just be careful with this, insurers state never to admit liabilty as it can affect any payout.
If his insurers hear that he has admitted 100% liability, they could get awkward.

Niece had someone run in the back of their T6 with very similar damage. In fact weirdly similar with no damage showing on the bumper?? Didn't crease the side though. £6k to fix.

Back