Full width seat bed on rails - options?

steveph

T6 Pro
So my basic criteria is a full width seat/bed (150cm), sliding on rails for multi position. We are planning on removable cooking/washing pod(s).

At the moment I'm heading down the Caravelle triple route and wonder if:

1. I swivel my driver and double passenger, and slide the folded out triple up to these then has anyone else tried that? (with suitable topper and extender if needed)
  2. In the more normal position, what thickness topper do people use? (and where to store it!)

I know Uberbus are working on mounting a full width RIB on Caravelle rails for the new year. Reimo and Cambee are the only full width sliding beds I've come across so far, but I like the flexibility of the Caravelle rails.

Any other suggestions for suitable combinations welcome!

So my basic criteria is a full width seat/bed (150cm), sliding on rails for multi position. We are planning on removable cooking/washing pod(s).

At the moment I'm heading down the Caravelle triple route and wonder if:

1. I swivel my driver and double passenger, and slide the folded out triple up to these then has anyone else tried that? (with suitable topper and extender if needed)
  2. In the more normal position, what thickness topper do people use? (and where to store it!)

I know Uberbus are working on mounting a full width RIB on Caravelle rails for the new year. Reimo and Cambee are the only full width sliding beds I've come across so far, but I like the flexibility of the Caravelle rails.

Any other suggestions for suitable combinations welcome!
Can only comment on Caravelle triple which works a treat, tried, tested and very comfy. Our topper is the VW sleep pack with curtains etc.

Can only comment on Caravelle triple which works a treat, tried, tested and very comfy. Our topper is the VW sleep pack with curtains etc.
A tick for the Caravelle solution :)
The sleep pack looks a good option - does the topper fold and how does it store?

A tick for the Caravelle solution :)
The sleep pack looks a good option - does the topper fold and how does it store?
Rolls up in a neat VW bag that also holds the curtain set, currently lives in our airing cupboard so we know where it is, not going to be used again until spring!

Currently my favourite option then is to install Caravelle rails and triple seat - thanks!

Unless anyone else persuades me otherwise.......

@steveph , Mate, I'm looking at a very similar if not identicle option. great minds think alike they say. Do you know if this then meets the DVLA criterior for a camper converted van? In my mind and reading thier legislation it does but I'm trying to cover all aspects and should they not I'd rather know prior to heading down this route.

My thinking is that it does for the bed part. After all, that's pretty much what a California Beach has. Other areas that are tricky are things like removable furniture pods and I need to research those rules a bit more....

@steveph from what I make out if it is "attached" to a permenently fixed rail then in theory it is attached, the table can be removed but has to attach to the van by some mannor. so really the rails do all of that. It would be great with the posd as you could have the seat forward or back and have the pod in the front or back. seems the most versatile of ways to do things. as for the caravelle seat I think your right there.
equally the removable nature of the pod would mean you could be classified ether way, van or camper, which is better i have no idea regarding insurance.... new ear with new ideas and old regulations dont always make things clear... oh well some more research needed. I will give you aheads up if I come acorss anythng .

Swapping seat/bed and pods between front and back - same thinking here :) Seems to allow the best of both worlds - will update on progress (likely to be slow!)

Back