Frosty Morning....Exterior...DONE!!

@Dannyb6467 nice looking van you got there.
I'm interested in the stats regarding your tyres and suspension setup.
Tyre size?
Suspension height, any drop?
Comments on ride and road noise.
Spill the beans......

Evening Ed
No suspension mods at all.
Then wolfrace 18s with 225/55/18 General AT3s. No noticeable change in gearing.
They ride fantastic. The OEM 17s with 215/60/17s we’re really harsh and given it’s a T32 the suspension isn’t forgiving even on cats eyes. The extra meat on the tyres have taken care on all this.
I have privacy glass on all but the fronts, vantech side bars fitted by me, roof rails and spoiler by VW and a tow bar. That’s it!
Another point that’s been discussed at length on the forum is fuel consumption.
The truck is a 204 dsg 4motion T32. Driven 4k over motorways, urban and rural. Averaging 33 so far and on a new year holiday to Cornwall averaged 41 whilst on the motorway at a steady 80.
It’s been a learning curve so far but loving it.

Cheers for the details. My van is going in for conversion beginning of Feb. This summer I plan to use the remaining tread and then I shall be going down the same route as you. Will review the suspension after the conversion as a bit of weight should make it a bit better on the road. I love the chunky tyre look.
Good work :thumbsup:

Cheers for the details. My van is going in for conversion beginning of Feb. This summer I plan to use the remaining tread and then I shall be going down the same route as you. Will review the suspension after the conversion as a bit of weight should make it a bit better on the road. I love the chunky tyre look.
Good work :thumbsup:
Thanks Ed
Appreciate the interest.
Good luck with the conversion.

Next time you're my way Ed, pop round and we will get it sorted. I feel sorry for you taking all this flack.
I deserve all the flack I get I should have known better than dragging my tractor around your nice shiney van.
On a serious note I still need to get rid of that polishing mark from the sign writing removal that you pointed out. Once the conversion has been done and the weather is better I shall get a pro on the case.

On a serious note I still need to get rid of that polishing mark from the sign writing removal that you pointed out. Once the conversion has been done and the weather is better I shall get a pro on the case.

My feelings on machine polishing and paint correction have been made clear on several threads, and I totally agree it's worth getting a Pro to rectify the paint. As you saw when you came over to my job, machine polishing is what we do every single day, just not to painted, lacquered surfaces. I wouldn't attempt to machine polish mine, even though I probably could just as well as a car Detailer.
We use different compounds, different heads, and possibly different machines in my line of work.
For me to buy everything I needed to do the job, then actually do it to my van, it's far more cost effective to let a proper detailer sort out the issues.

We will stick to Caravans, Motorhomes, and the odd Helicopter screens thank you.

Back