Front Double Seat Upgrade

hi after reading your posts on the folding and recliner front seat bracket I phoned Gordon at vankraft and by luck I was going to be driving past his workshop.He agreed to fit one for me great service and product so thanks for your post on this product

Hi mate do you find the seat a lot more comfortable ? The standard one gives me back ache.

Hi yes you keep all the storage space it's just the middle bracket that you change. You get a piece of hardboard to put into the back of the seat so yo could use it as a table if required.I have just sat in the seat and yes it's much better than the old position hope this helps you

20190320_120756.jpg

20190320_120808.jpg

20190320_120820.jpg

20190320_121123.jpg

20190320_120738.jpg

20190320_120724.jpg

20190320_121448.jpg

Excellent stuff! You guys are all very helpful. I also noticed you got arm rests on your single seat,did you do them yourself and did you go for a swivel on that also?

Excellent stuff! You guys are all very helpful. I also noticed you got arm rests on your single seat,did you do them yourself and did you go for a swivel on that also?
no the armrest was on it it's the hi line so might come as standard and no the single seat don't swivel

Thanks silver fox, mine is a highline also but no arm rests. Have to get them done
If your vehicle is still under warranty request your dealer to fit them
AFAIK all highlines should come with armrests but VW ran out of them for a period and sent vehicles out without them (rather than stop the production line) and dealers were then fitting them under warranty if the customer noticed !

If your vehicle is still under warranty request your dealer to fit them
AFAIK all highlines should come with armrests but VW ran out of them for a period and sent vehicles out without them (rather than stop the production line) and dealers were then fitting them under warranty if the customer noticed !
I'm guessing this is only first owner?

No shouldnt matter but trickier if your not, warranty is for 3 years regardless of owner

No shouldnt matter but trickier if your not, warranty is for 3 years regardless of owner
My van is 3 months over 3 years but I have the 12 month warranty as I bought used from a VW van centre.

pm also sent.

Pauly your a star! Will try getting onto them.
Had mine since new and got it on the first of March 2017. Vaguely spoke to them about it a year ago and they said they didn’t come with them. It came with the double bench seat and single drivers but no arm rests on drivers.

Just rang VW customer service and they said was only standard on the panel Vans?
Told them about some of you’s guys on here getting it done and he said he would take it further with head office.
Just looked at my original invoice and it states arm rests for free of charge so surely i have them bang to rights?
Will let you’s know.
Without this forum i would be none the wiser, Thanks Lads

Just rang VW customer service and they said was only standard on the panel Vans?
Told them about some of you’s guys on here getting it done and he said he would take it further with head office.
Just looked at my original invoice and it states arm rests for free of charge so surely i have them bang to rights?
Will let you’s know.
Without this forum i would be none the wiser, Thanks Lads

Do you have the phone number for VW customer service? Or am email address.

Back