Forest Of Dean Mountain Biking

T6180

T6 Legend
Looking at going FOD to check out the mountain biking......can anyone give me any advice on best places/trails to ride?

Yeah I've taken a look on there, just wondering from a personal perspective.

Thanks though

I've only raced there a few times but if your local it's probably worth a trip. Uplift is quick and there's plenty to play on.

I've only raced there a few times but if your local it's probably worth a trip. Uplift is quick and there's plenty to play on.

It's about 90 minutes from me, I've read that the visitors centre at Pedal a bike away is a good starting point for Blue and Red routes?

Yep I ride there frequently park up at pedalaway and start by doing the blue verderers trail, it really is good for a blue. Then move onto the red if you fancy it.

For downhill you can get an uplift or just push up the fire track

Yep I ride there frequently park up at pedalaway and start by doing the blue verderers trail, it really is good for a blue. Then move onto the red if you fancy it.

For downhill you can get an uplift or just push up the fire track

That's great.....I'll give it a go and report back in a few weeks :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yep great venue. ' Pedalabikeaway', Coleford into Google Maps and off you go. Takes you straight to the trail head car park for any of the options you ride there.

Then depends what type of riding you like really. As folks have said, there are graded blue and red pedaling trails, or, if you like it more gnarly, there are the DownHill tracks serviced by an uplift which you need to pre-book for the day(s) : Our Branches - Flyup Downhill

Not ridden FoD in the wet but 'Sheep Skulls' and 'Ski Run' are nice tracks. They're two of the DownHill tracks serviced by the uplift :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I went recently after not going there for a few years and I was suprised by the amount of new stuff they had built. Pump track, huge skills area,longer 4 wheel buggy trail and bigger car park. Love it there. The blue is a nice easy loop but really good fun and takes me just under a hour to do so usually do it a couple of times before sessioning done jumps , the red I’ve not done in awhile but did enjoy it. Also as mentioned the downhill tracks are great.

Back