Folkestone Campsites

Lord Mfwic

I'm Batman.
T6 Legend
Hello All,

We are looking for recommends for a campsite close to Folkestone. Just for the 1 night before we catch the Eurostar the following morning.

Thanks

Capel le Fern rings a bell- I’m not sure what the site name was.

Google suggests this but it was so long ago..
but to answer your question, it’s near the Chunnel.

Black horse farm caravan club site at Hawkinge has ferry pitches so you can arrive and leave when you want, non-members welcome and about 15 minutes from the tunnel

Been a few times and yes not bad at all. There is a pub up the road but not sure if its still open. Shop across from the entrance and a caravan spares place in the village if you need anything last minute Milestone Caravans

The drum inn
Absolutely perfect,a mile or so from the tunnel good beer good camping great start to a holiday ...we stayed on the services for the last 6 years then found this £20 anight doh!!!!!!

71F07168-E28D-4B0F-BC58-419A1B787F21.jpeg

Last edited:
We've used Black Horse farm several times too. It's only up the road from the tunnel, and as mentioned, because it has a separate part of the site for the tunnel crossers, you can leave at any time without the worry you will wake other people.

Since the in-laws don't come with us in their Motorhome anymore, we don't do an overnight in Kent anymore, and prefer to get up early, and go straight from Leicester to Folkestone, catch the train, and be in France and moving in the first day. We have several French sites we use for overnighters, depending on which direction we are heading.

We've used Black Horse farm several times too. It's only up the road from the tunnel, and as mentioned, because it has a separate part of the site for the tunnel crossers, you can leave at any time without the worry you will wake other people.

Since the in-laws don't come with us in their Motorhome anymore, we don't do an overnight in Kent anymore, and prefer to get up early, and go straight from Leicester to Folkestone, catch the train, and be in France and moving in the first day. We have several French sites we use for overnighters, depending on which direction we are heading.
Thanks for the tip. Like you, I drive big miles with my business but Folkestone is a good 6 hrs from home and I’m looking for a more chilled/relaxing break on this trip so prefer the idea of a night close to the Chunnel.
We’ve booked the 8.50 so there is no rush in the morning.
Then heading to the champagne region, which is only 4 hour drive, and no more than 4 hour drives between any site as we head through Switzerland to Germany,Netherlands,Belgium, and back home.

Thanks for the tip. Like you, I drive big miles with my business but Folkestone is a good 6 hrs from home and I’m looking for a more chilled/relaxing break on this trip so prefer the idea of a night close to the Chunnel.
We’ve booked the 8.50 so there is no rush in the morning.
Then heading to the champagne region, which is only 4 hour drive, and no more than 4 hour drives between any site as we head through Switzerland to Germany,Netherlands,Belgium, and back home.

When you going?
We off to Austria in 2 weeks. I cannot wait :)

Back