Folding passenger seat - heated? Swivel?

cfdave

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi.
I've seen some front double passanger seats fold flat?
Is this an option from new? Do they all do it? (I don't think my ones can?)
Can I add it?
Thank you

if your van had a bulkhead then it won’t fold. Not sure on whether it’s standard otherwise.

I bought an OEM folding T5 seat and took the bracket out of that and put that in my T6.

Mine do on my Shuttle if that helps at all and the storage underneath is pretty useful too!

My T6 folding double seat sold for £120 on ebay.

looks like you have a solution! If you swap over the folding mechanism / fixed brackets you can re-sell the sacrificial seat and it will be fairly cost neutral for a bit of hassle.

I'm selling a folding double from a '16 plate T6. Simora fabric but had an Action Vans fitted seat cover on pretty much since new. Near Keswick £150.
EDIT - apologies for cheeky ad - I've just signed up VIP.

I have another before I bite the bullet and get one.
I have heated seats. Does that effect it?
And can I still have swivel with the heated seats?

thanks

Its not possible to have a swivel seat with any wiring but you can do the folding bit.

Do the factory folding seats have the extra 10 degrees of recline like the Vankraft mechanisms?

Its not possible to have a swivel seat with any wiring but you can do the folding bit.
I will have to make something up that i can use the heated seats in winter. But easy to disconnect.
Get my thinking cap on!

Its been done regarding the heated seats, you just need to remember to disconnect before turning them. Its a shame that the pivot bolt is such a small diameter, as its non-structural with a larger bolt it could of had a hole through the centre but i guess there was very little requirement as very few twin seats are heated

Super useful thread. I’m in the same situation. Double with seat warmers. I plan to fit a swivel and also the VanCraft bracket.

Anyone have experience with rewiring the seat to swivel?

Can the wiring still feed up through the VanCraft bracket?

I’m currently working on a solution to preserve my heated seats with my mscraft swivel (not yet fitted).

My plan...
1. Buy OEM connectors to match those for the heated seat wiring (3B0 972 724 and 3B0 972 734). Done. From eBay.
2. Buy some wire. (I need help here. What gauge/amperage?)
3. Buy durable male/female plugs to be mounted on the handbrake side of the double base. I have these in mind.
IP67 Waterproof 3-Pin Panel Mount Connector Socket (12/24V DC, 20A)
IP67 Waterproof 3-Pin Panel Mount Connector Plug (12/24V DC, 20A)

This way I can avoid making permanent changes to the existing wiring.

I plan to mount the female socket in the side of the double base, then run wires to each OEM connector and plug those directly into the existing wiring - essentially it’s an extension. The van side of the wiring will be tucked into the under-seat channel, emerging by the handbrake. The chair side will be mounted in the base.

Any thoughts on this plan? I saw two other guys here who had done it.

My question right now is... what wire diameter do I need for these three wires?

B261CC09-D957-437D-906B-A281AB2C0F72.jpeg

76581BE2-AE69-4241-9220-0DCDCB6687F7.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m currently working on a solution to preserve my heated seats with my mscraft swivel (not yet fitted).

My plan...
1. Buy OEM connectors to match those for the heated seat wiring (3B0 972 724 and 3B0 972 734). Done. From eBay.
2. Buy some wire. (I need help here. What gauge/amperage?)
3. Buy durable male/female plugs to be mounted on the handbrake side of the double base. I have these in mind.
IP67 Waterproof 3-Pin Panel Mount Connector Socket (12/24V DC, 20A)
IP67 Waterproof 3-Pin Panel Mount Connector Plug (12/24V DC, 20A)

This way I can avoid making permanent changes to the existing wiring.

I plan to mount the female socket in the side of the double base, then run wires to each OEM connector and plug those directly into the existing wiring - essentially it’s an extension. The van side of the wiring will be tucked into the under-seat channel, emerging by the handbrake. The chair side will be mounted in the base.

Any thoughts on this plan? I saw two other guys here who had done it.

My question right now is... what wire diameter do I need for these three wires?

View attachment 114547

View attachment 114548
Did you manage to complete this @RunDSG ?

I'm looking at doing something similar after I've discovered a loose connection in the wiring my converter used to solve this issue. See my posts today in Heated Seats defective [Merge]

I believe the heat pad can draw up to 16A and so 1.5mm cable should do the trick, rated to 21A I believe. Like this 10m 1.5mm 21A 16 AWG 12v AUTO CABLE 21 AMP CAR WIRING LOOM WIRE AUTOMOTIVE | eBay

Did you manage to complete this @RunDSG ?

I'm looking at doing something similar after I've discovered a loose connection in the wiring my converter used to solve this issue. See my posts today in Heated Seats defective [Merge]

I believe the heat pad can draw up to 16A and so 1.5mm cable should do the trick, rated to 21A I believe. Like this 10m 1.5mm 21A 16 AWG 12v AUTO CABLE 21 AMP CAR WIRING LOOM WIRE AUTOMOTIVE | eBay
Connectors and cable ordered now. Will probably attempt this later in the week.

Need to decide where to mount the connector in the double seat base. Previous connectors were roughly central to the base width at the bottom. I like the idea of a side mount next to the driver keeping it away from feet but the connector would probably catch the B trim when swivelling.

Connectors and cable ordered now. Will probably attempt this later in the week.

Need to decide where to mount the connector in the double seat base. Previous connectors were roughly central to the base width at the bottom. I like the idea of a side mount next to the driver keeping it away from feet but the connector would probably catch the B trim when swivelling.
Sorry for slow reply. I haven’t done it yet. Just haven’t had time to make it a priority and a bit nervous about cutting a hole in the seat and doing the soldering (I’m really bad at soldering).

My connector for the base is almost flush. I don’t think it’ll catch. I like the side mount idea too.

Sorry for slow reply. I haven’t done it yet. Just haven’t had time to make it a priority and a bit nervous about cutting a hole in the seat and doing the soldering (I’m really bad at soldering).

My connector for the base is almost flush. I don’t think it’ll catch. I like the side mount idea too.
Okay no worries. I'll post back once I've fitted mine with how I got on.

Back