Found Folding double front seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaghetti

T6 Conversion
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hi,

I’m looking for a folding double front seat. Ideally in Simora, but I’d take any colour if needs be. Anyone got one in the south east they want to shift?

Thanks

Sorry, I can't sell you the seat but would suggest that if you get a 'standard' non-folding seat, you could always install a Vanktaft bracket which will allow it to fold. It will cost more in the long run but I can confirm that you do get a much more comfortable seat in the deal as well. That said, you might get lucky and pick up a bargain (seat that is) as there seems to be quite a few of them around. A friend of mine bought his from a converter who always puts singles in his conversions and only paid about £50 but he did need to get in recovered and travelled about 100 miles to pick it up.

Thanks mate. The Vankraft one is an option, but I’m concerned that the 10 degree recline will make the swivel of the double a pain as it’ll foul the drivers seat when it’s turned, so I’ll have to half fold it, balance it as it swivel around. If anyone has a Vankraft with a Kiravans swivel... I’d be interested to hear their experience. :thumbsup:

I've got a Kiravans swivel and the Vankraft bracket and the extra 10 degrees doesn't really make it any more of a pain in the aris to swivel than it already is. I can swivel mine without folding it but, in any event, why would you choose to 'half fold it' when you can completely fold it just as easily?

Last edited:
When you fully fold it, and then swivel, do the headrests not foul anything?

OK I get you now. To be sure of what I'm talking about (for a change), I've just been out and tried to do the swivel dance with the seat fully folded and you're spot on - it can't be done with the headrests in place (or headrest in my case as only the outside one is present because there's only ever two of us in the van).

As indicated above, the extra 10º doesn't stop it from swivelling but TBH I can't remember exactly what is was like to do before I fitted the bracket. I do however remember that it was a pain then and that's still the case (taking the handbrake off helps but remember to put it in gear!) - Don't worry, I think it gets easier after about 20 years or so practise though.

Thanks for checking mate! Mine used to be a pain to swivel round and it used to cut shreds of the nylon sheet out each time as it dug in.

I took it apart and ground a bevel on the edge of the upper piece, using a dremel. Only a couple of mm off, then lubricated it with silicon grease and it spins so easily now. If you unbolt it, and you’re not parked level, the seat will slide on its own. I found driver’s seat fully back, handbrake off works best for me!

If I don’t find a VW one, I’ll probably go to Vankraft. They’re only 15 miles from me.:cool:

I’ve got a Simora double seat on eBay if your interested, item number 264756657926.
Listed it 3 times now and am down to a starting price of £25 but can’t shift it, perhaps it’s the collection from Suffolk that’s putting people off.
Its a non folding seat.

Haha! Yeah, that’s the only bit I want! I’ve got a Simora double already.

The hinge can be adapted from being fixed
I think there’s a place near Sheffield that does them
Exchange or out right

:p

The hinge can be adapted from being fixed
I think there’s a place near Sheffield that does them
Exchange or out right

:p

Hi,

Can anyone recall the place in Sheffield? There's another thread that also says there's company in Sheffield - but the name never was given - so just wondering if it's a bit of a red herring - when I search always seems to come back to Vankraft - unfortunately they're quite a way from me. I wouldn't want to try fitting it myself - I just know I'd end up in a mess... Anyone in NW England - opportunity to earn some crates of beer, or hard cash!!

Thanks,

Hi,

I’m looking for a folding double front seat. Ideally in Simora, but I’d take any colour if needs be. Anyone got one in the south east they want to shift?

Thanks
Hi I know you got sorted but could do with bit of advice how much should I ask for my as new in austin material thanks mick

It really depends on finding a buyer that wants it in that material. Someone with that exact fabric, or a damaged seat may pay more. eBay would be a good bet with an auction to suss out it’s true value, but make sure you mention it’s a folding one as they are more desireable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back