Fog Light Condensation

steveo1986

T6 T32 150 Manual Highline SWB Oryx White
T6 Pro
Just wondering if anyone on here has had an issue with the front fog lights letting some sort of water/moisture? Its only on the passenger side and is really starting to annoy me!

IMG_6792.JPG

I have had this on my drivers side one, it comes and goes. Will be on the list if i take it o the dealers for any work as i imagine it needs changing .

Have had the same issue on the same side , I have now put some tiny dehumidifier balls in and has solved this issue

Took my van into main dealers this week for a few issues, the fog light being one. I was told that "VW was aware of the issue with the fog lights and to put fog lights on as much as possible to dry it up" !!!! After a few choice words and reminding them how much this van cost me a new light is being fitted asap

Both mine are fogging up , can't find my original bulbs as replaced with LED . Do you think the dealers will try to blame the LED lamps if I leave them in .

Hi all, I've got the same issue with both lights. I've contacted VW and they have advised me it's not covered by warranty as condensation is a natural occurrence which is unavoidable in the British climate - unbelievable!
Has anyone managed to get VW to replace/correct under warranty?

Just found this thread.

My passenger one condensates all the time.
However, it's only since moving to LED bulbs from Transporter HQ.
I mentioned this to Andy at Stamford hall, and he gave me another bulb to try, but this still fogs up. Putting the standard bulbs back in stops this, so i'm guessing it's to do with the seal on the LED bulb.

Or not having a halogen lamp in there kicking out lots of heat ??

Thanks Pauly, I'll look at it next weekend as I understand the front bumper/dam needs to be removed first. Thanks to all who have commented :)

I have had my right side fog light replaced about 1 month ago under warranty because the water was inside left side vas OK from the beginning. Now again I see that the replaced fog light after 2 days of hard rain is again taking in water... This is bad shit that new lamp does not hold water I was working in HELLA and I know how they test them but this I think is not HELLA product. Bad shit and again I need to go back and open new warranty case for item that was already replaced... :mad::mad:

Appreciate this in an old thread but I thought I would reply as I’m having the same issue now.

New to the van world in Sep with a T6 kombi purchased with aftermarket front bumper/spoiler. Had condensation appear on the inside of the driver side fog after I swapped out the halogens for LEDs. Dried it out a number of times (with a heat gun) and it came back. Took it to the dealer, they replaced the whole fog unit it still came back. Dried it out again and stuck the halogens back in and guess what - back again! At a closer look, it could be the bumper directing rain (which we’re having lots of at the moment) directly onto the top of the fog light. With the intermittent cornering (fog light switching on), it’s not getting a chance to dry out properly. Other than change the bumper, I’m not sure what else to do here.

Has anyone had any more luck with this issue? Any more thoughts would be appreciated. Cheers.

Appreciate this in an old thread but I thought I would reply as I’m having the same issue now.

New to the van world in Sep with a T6 kombi purchased with aftermarket front bumper/spoiler. Had condensation appear on the inside of the driver side fog after I swapped out the halogens for LEDs. Dried it out a number of times (with a heat gun) and it came back. Took it to the dealer, they replaced the whole fog unit it still came back. Dried it out again and stuck the halogens back in and guess what - back again! At a closer look, it could be the bumper directing rain (which we’re having lots of at the moment) directly onto the top of the fog light. With the intermittent cornering (fog light switching on), it’s not getting a chance to dry out properly. Other than change the bumper, I’m not sure what else to do here.

Has anyone had any more luck with this issue? Any more thoughts would be appreciated. Cheers.

Hi, both my lights were suffering with condensation. I took it to my local dealer who said it was not covered by warranty as they had LED lights fitted. So, one week later I took it back with standard bulbs fitted and they replaced the units under warranty. So far I've not had any condensation but I haven't put the LED's back in yet.

I've had the same problem with my passenger side after fittiting Transporter HQ LED bulbs. I'm going to remove and refit over the weekend hopefully this will solve the annoying issue.
Have others had the same proble after fitting after market bulbs?

Back