Fluid in footwell [Resolved]

SWF7Y

Hi all, I've got a small leak in the passenger footwear of my T6. Does anyone know how I can remedy this? Thanks 20201212_102137.jpg20201212_102146.jpg

Pop bonnet and check if there are leaves etc blocking how water is draining.

In the footwell, behind the carpet/rubber liner you can reach up and feel a rubber grommet (on the a-pillar) that feeds into the engine bay behind the battery. Check if it is seated properly

As above, prob an issue with the aircon condense drain, check the rear bulkhead in the engine bay and you will see a rubber affair that allows AC condensation to drain out
Google it for images, should be pretty easy to find

Pop bonnet and check if there are leaves etc blocking how water is draining.

In the footwell, behind the carpet/rubber liner you can reach up and feel a rubber grommet (on the a-pillar) that feeds into the engine bay behind the battery. Check if it is seated properly
I've cleaned a few leaves off the scuttle panel. Do I need to remove the plastic bit above the rubber carpet to check the rubber grommet? Not exactly sure where to reach to be honest.

Just for info I had a similar leak and it was the “like a golf” door seals. I took them off and no more leaks!

I've cleaned a few leaves off the scuttle panel. Do I need to remove the plastic bit above the rubber carpet to check the rubber grommet? Not exactly sure where to reach to be honest.
To get proper access to the scuttle you need to remove the wiper arms, you might need a puller if they are tight.
You can then remove the rubber seal and plastic scuttle panel by carefully pulling away from the windscreen. There is a drain hole left and right, it’s worth giving this are area a good clean while it is off.
By the way if you are planning on sound proofing the van this is one small area which can make a massive difference to the cab noise levels, the cleaning being at least 50% of the job.

To get proper access to the scuttle you need to remove the wiper arms, you might need a puller if they are tight.
You can then remove the rubber seal and plastic scuttle panel by carefully pulling away from the windscreen. There is a drain hole left and right, it’s worth giving this are area a good clean while it is off.
By the way if you are planning on sound proofing the van this is one small area which can make a massive difference to the cab noise levels, the cleaning being at least 50% of the job.
Sound-deadening material under the scuttle?

If you can get your fingers under the carpet “behind the glovebox” at the a-pillar (door hinge pillar)

I am hoping to sound proof and insulate. Never thought about doing this area though. Good shout.

I am hoping to sound proof and insulate. Never thought about doing this area though. Good shout.
I have a California and never thought of that area to improve the sound deadening either!

@DXX - can you provide a bit more detail on where to sound deaden under the scuttle?

thanks folks

I have a California and never thought of that area to improve the sound deadening either!

@DXX - can you provide a bit more detail on where to sound deaden under the scuttle?

thanks folks
@JOG I just added it to the Cab Sound Deadening thread.
For those interested in sound deadening the scuttle I used 2mm Silent Coat with 30mm Silent Coat Noise Buffler 30 applied on top.
Although not a big area it‘s unlikely to be found clean and best done with card templates to avoid wastage.
One 1m x 1m Noise Buffler sheet is enough with a small amount left over. All faces were covered inc’ the drivers side (RH) blanking plate for ventilation.
The only places not covered are the passenger side ventilation intake and the scuttle drain ports left and right. When you fit the wiper mechanism back you may need to trim the foam slightly, I left mine as it is only just touching in one place.
It has made a significant difference to the cab noise level, well worth doing.
View attachment 94784View attachment 94784View attachment 94785View attachment 94786View attachment 94787View attachment 94788View attachment 94789

It just needs a firm yank . Start at the top nearest the bottom of the glove box and pull. There is some resistance but it will come off

I've had no luck with this. Can anyone tell me how to removeView attachment 96234 this panel below the glovebox please?

I've had the same issue on mine. Its the aircon condensation release pipe that's clogging up. It's happened twice and both times it was a cockroach dead inside.
You have to remove the screws from below the glovebox and above, then remove the glovebox and bottom panel, you'll have direct access to the pipe then. Push out as much air as possible through it then pour some water in it and check that same amount is coming out at the bottom.

Thanks for the replies guys. In the end I realised it wasn't a leak at all. Just some sort of oil or something. Once I cleaned that up, I haven't had anything there since.

Back