Fixed window regret?

Trekster

Am I going to regret having fixed windows in the summer months for sleeping?

Do you guys feel it is a necessity to have a sliding window to keep your van cooler in the summer nights?

Not a necessity. Get a tailgate stand off latch to vent though the tailgate and still have it locked. And wind deflectors (I can recommend climair) - this way you can keep front windows open an inch or so without getting rain in and without them being open being obvious to bypassers. With these two simple and relatively cheap mods you get quite a lot of air changing through the van.

I would miss our side opening windows, always useful for throwing a mains cable or flagpole lights cable out of, but nothing I couldn't manage with the front windows open a bit. Worry not.

As the others have said. The other advantage of a slider for me is ventilation while cooking as it is right by the hob. A good way to get rid of the steam and smells. Again, not essential if you open the sliding door and/or front windows.

Also, if you have a pop top with vents that will allow some heat to escape in the summer.

I've got a 5 year old T6 (it's flown) and I got fixed windows in the back due to the many stories about leaks with the factory fit sliding windows

Having spent the last couple of years camping in it I've realised that having an opening window on the drivers side would be really useful

Does anyone know what the best window to fit is these days - there seem to be quite a few different makes available

I quite like the idea of this one so that you can leave it open in the rain

More traditional and big opening

Can't quite tell how wide this one is

Ta

Last edited:
I’ve got fixed in mine. Generally I’ll have the poptop up, so no shortage of ventilation.

Previous van had a slider behind the kitchen, I very rarely opened it.

Back