Fitting new DMF - what else should I replace?

DaveF

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I'm going to replace my dual mass flywheel soon....should I replace anything else while I'm at it? My van is a 2017 204 T32 at 47000 miles.

I was wondering about the clutch, timing belt, water pump?

I'm going to replace my dual mass flywheel soon....should I replace anything else while I'm at it? My van is a 2017 204 T32 at 47000 miles.

Clutch? Definitely!!!

Over the bloody moon........ :(
You did ask ;> but she'll be good for another 4 years. Think of it as an investment. I have to do mine next year, even though due covid it's at 31k miles currently and probably won't make it to 40k next year!

You did ask ;> but she'll be good for another 4 years. Think of it as an investment. I have to do mine next year, even though due covid it's at 31k miles currently and probably won't make it to 40k next year!

True enough....I can't complain either, as I've not had to repair anything else over the past 4 years. I'll be happier knowing everything is fresh....especially as I'm driving to to the far north in July!

Is there a defined interval to fit a new DMF on my 2016 T6 150bhp?
I be been told that I should only worry and change it if I hear the engine getting noisier
I'm not on 125K miles and the engine is very quite. Even after cold starts.
I'll a bit confused serious consequences of DMF breaking but alsoI see post as people changing and also getting doggy DMF that fail .
What does VW advice on DMF?

Is there a defined interval to fit a new DMF on my 2016 T6 150bhp?
I be been told that I should only worry and change it if I hear the engine getting noisier
I'm not on 125K miles and the engine is very quite. Even after cold starts.
I'll a bit confused serious consequences of DMF breaking but alsoI see post as people changing and also getting doggy DMF that fail .
What does VW advice on DMF?
Change it when it needs changing, it's not a routine job. Don't worry about it either!

Belts, pump extra are on the free end of the engine, you won’t be saving any labour charges doing them at the same time as the DMF.

True enough....I can't complain either, as I've not had to repair anything else over the past 4 years. I'll be happier knowing everything is fresh....especially as I'm driving to to the far north in July!
You shouldn’t have to worry about a 4 year old vehicle, in fact in 2021 you should have any concerns over a 10 year old vehicle.
The Japanese have got it sussed, time for the Germans to catch up.

Sorry, Dave, just making sure I haven't misunderstood this, is your DMF causing problems, i.e. unusual noise?
You wouldn't replace a DMF on a "preventative" type basis, it's not like a cambelt which could fail with no warning and wreck your engine.

Sorry, Dave, just making sure I haven't misunderstood this, is your DMF causing problems, i.e. unusual noise?
You wouldn't replace a DMF on a "preventative" type basis, it's not like a cambelt which could fail with no warning and wreck your engine.

Hi Dave, I'm replacing it because it's knocking...otherwise I wouldn't be replacing it. It's not that noisy at the moment, so I'm not stressing over it but it'll need doing I'd say.

Back