Fitting a sliding door Vanshades blind

willythepooh

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Just received my blinds and try fitting the sliding door side.
I looked at the video and there is no way I can fit it in with the door shut.
If I open the door, slot it in and then close the door, the inner door rubber overlaps the edge of the blind, left and top.
Anyone else fitted one and questioned how it goes in ?

They do fit snug but you do have to fit the blind in situ and then close the door.

1662893871041.jpeg
1662893894708.jpeg
1662893915495.jpeg

1662893935030.jpeg

It looks like it overlaps .............. you can see the black marks on the door in the last picture where the rubber still makes a good seal.

Hi all, finally fitted my vanshads drivers side pod and sliding door panel, just wanted to share a couple of pics and how I did it. The window pod is straight forward, 6 tech screws and caps, job done. The full length sliding door panel is another story!. The youtube video says dead simple, 5 tech screws ( no problem) then blind fix across the panel. I started with 3 screws on the front edge but wasn't entirely happy with continuing all around as it's bloody awkward getting into the bottom edge. In the end I overlaid my old panel and bit the bullet and drilled through all the existing holes off of my previous panel except for the top row as the two lower tech screws hold it in place. Fitted existing clips in and happy. One thing to note is the existing door is still visible when looking over the edge of the pod when down so I carpeted the bits I could see and imho it looks pretty good. Not the 3 minute fix as suggested, more of a Saturday morning job :thumbsup: 20230325_120941.jpg

20230325_120951.jpg

Just reigniting this for some advice, got vanshades for both sliding doors, before I install I thought I’d read something about little indentations showing where to put the screws but the inner edge of mine is completely smooth all the way round, am guessing I just follow the approximate screw location on instruction sheet but be good to know if anyone has any tips before I begin putting holes in my expensive blinds and metalwork!

Back