First Bank Holiday Of 2018 - Who's Camping And Where?

Weathers looking good for next week, so fingers crossed Summers here, but it normally rains when I get a day off :rofl:

I ain’t going anywhere, really fancy a camping trip, but it’s well busy up here and I don’t really like other people.

Struggled to get home tonight with the hoards of caravans trying to cross the bridge to Anglesey.

Grumpy old man rant over. :D

Fantastic weekend, depressing to be back behind my desk. Couldn't have asked for better weather, van was great, awning easy to set up, lots of cider and barbecue, very happy and tired kids.

I'd avoid Sandy Balls though, they cocked up the pitches so we were miles apart from our friends, we were in a cull de sac and it was a bit like the wild west with feral kids, noisy dogs, loudmouth adults, booming car stereos. There were some very decent people there who respected their neighbours, well behaved kids and dogs, but we were mixed in with the riff raff and then the inevitable flair up happened on Sunday night when the two classes clashed over the booming car stereo, lots of shouting, swearing and arm waving from the pond life who outnumbered the civilised people.

Fortunately our friends van was in a better location, so we spent our time over with them instead and only went back to Mandela House to sleep at night, which wasn't easy.

It's a shame as the facilities were brilliant, lots of showers, clean toilets, good restaurants, decent shops, swimming pools, soft play etc.

2018-05-06 09.48.09.jpg

@Insert Coin
Sounds like my worst nightmare!!!, you weren’t that far from where we ended up at the weekend just outside Weymouth, found a gem of a campsite, relaxing, great facilities, proper campsite behaviour, it’s called east fleet farm.
Maybe you could try this place next time.
There was a few VW campers there but we dotted around the campsite.

2A2CAB3A-B155-48E8-AF81-95F75D89CDC3.jpeg

53586255-97BE-41BF-8A4F-7FE31BC7EC52.png

94FBE7D5-857B-428A-A6C0-380D3B5B3BC6.png

0B78C03A-BA16-4023-802B-D14C5BA251D4.png

EF7E5773-8AC8-4090-B736-0CCB7E5D7AE9.png

A5E42979-5B40-4B5E-8B66-D0DF5F93611B.png

@Insert Coin
Sounds like my worst nightmare!!!, you weren’t that far from where we ended up at the weekend just outside Weymouth, found a gem of a campsite, relaxing, great facilities, proper campsite behaviour, it’s called east fleet farm.
Maybe you could try this place next time.
There was a few VW campers there but we dotted around the campsite.

View attachment 21959

View attachment 21960

View attachment 21961

View attachment 21962

View attachment 21963

View attachment 21964

That's much more like it, some actual space between pitches, my kids couldn't even use a Frisbee as everything was so packed in.

Another added to the list, thanks :cool:

Kids & Frisbees at a T6 meet. I'm sure there would be some rather nervous owners about.:whistle:

They (feral kids) were playing football near where we camped, there was literally no open space anywhere near us.

Fantastic weekend, depressing to be back behind my desk. Couldn't have asked for better weather, van was great, awning easy to set up, lots of cider and barbecue, very happy and tired kids.

I'd avoid Sandy Balls though, they cocked up the pitches so we were miles apart from our friends, we were in a cull de sac and it was a bit like the wild west with feral kids, noisy dogs, loudmouth adults, booming car stereos. There were some very decent people there who respected their neighbours, well behaved kids and dogs, but we were mixed in with the riff raff and then the inevitable flair up happened on Sunday night when the two classes clashed over the booming car stereo, lots of shouting, swearing and arm waving from the pond life who outnumbered the civilised people.

Fortunately our friends van was in a better location, so we spent our time over with them instead and only went back to Mandela House to sleep at night, which wasn't easy.

It's a shame as the facilities were brilliant, lots of showers, clean toilets, good restaurants, decent shops, swimming pools, soft play etc.

View attachment 21957

This is one of the reasons we stopped using UK sites altogether. We joined the Caravan Club to try and avoid this type of clientele, but after couple of years of camping with a much older generation that often shunned us young ens, tutted when they saw we had children, and those that did speak to us often asked if we'd rented or borrowed our Motorhome for some odd reason!
We had a similar experience to you a couple of years ago at Callow Top in Ashbourne, and left after 1 night because it was like being dropped in the middle of a war zone with loud thumping music, kids kicking balls at my car and alarms going off at 2am, pure hell.

Sandy balls isnt my cup of tea, I like the no frills sites, kids don’t need entertainment arcades they need back to basic fun in the woods riding bikes and getting muddy

I haven't seen you in here for a while Olly. Did you ever manage to get your splitter parts? I only ask because I lost my towing eye cover, and it's not a part you can actually buy for the Sportline splitter, and wondered if you managed to get that lower lip you ripped off.

No I haven’t mate, thank god as well had to pick my boy up at a party yesterday in the middle of some woods, and as I was reversing in to a parking spot there was a big dip and I left 2 giant grooves in the mud from the old bolts sticking out lol I would of ripped it off again lol, tbh I’m thinking of going bk to a std bumper with a carbon splitter going off the sportline bumper...

Back