First Autoscan

andys

Ex member
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Okay got my VCDS yesterday and just gone to do an Autoscan before starting work on the locks and I've got a couple of questions

1) It has produced a text log file with a list of module part nos and whether there is an error. Is this the actual Autoscan file? I was expecting it to be like a full backup of the settings that could be restored if I screw up, is this not the case?

2) I've got some error messages. The ABS error is presumably because the engine isn't running and has no pressure so I'm not bothered about that, also it's saying the TPMS has been triggered, again not a problem because it hasn't run for a while so I'll check pressures before I do.
However it's also coming up with a battery regulator error, is this likely to be something to do with my Ctek installation and the reason why I'm having starter battery issues?

Sorry if some of these questions sound a bit dumb, but this is my first experience with anything like VCDS

I should add that it's on mains hookup which is also trickle charging the starter battery when necessary, don't know if that is a factor

Yes the text file is the full scan, use the save/copy buttons to save the scan somewhere

I wouldn't concern yourself too much with erroneous errors there is always something on those scans it's very rare to scan a van with no errors, the abs error and the other (quescient current I'm guessing) are very common and not indicative of an actual fault, think of them as info markers not fault logs

At the risk of sounding like a nutjob talking to myself I think I've answered one of my own questions, each item has a "Coding" item followed by a long Hex number which is presumably a list of the settings all compiled into one long no?

Yes the text file is the full scan, use the save/copy buttons to save the scan somewhere

I wouldn't concern yourself too much with erroneous errors there is always something on those scans it's very rare to scan a van with no errors, the abs error and the other (quescient current I'm guessing) are very common and not indicative of an actual fault, think of them as info markers not fault logs
Ok thanks, yes it is quiescent current. I've done it right then :thumbsup: I'll carry on

Back