Finally got her! T6.1 199 4M!

My misses has the lane assist on her Sportage and it's really odd when it's taking over the wheel. I would imagine on long journeys where you get a bit tired it would be a very useful feature. The beeping would also help you not to nod off. If it wasn't so expensive I'd have spec'd it on my van.

Yes... it's a PITA sometimes... I battle with mine all the time. It just get's it wrong a lot so I have to steer over it.

I just don’t get it and turn it off

My misses has the lane assist on her Sportage and it's really odd when it's taking over the wheel. I would imagine on long journeys where you get a bit tired it would be a very useful feature. The beeping would also help you not to nod off. If it wasn't so expensive I'd have spec'd it on my van.

We have these and Ceeds on our rental fleet and I think (dangerously) it automatically turns lane assist on everytime you start the car - we have to show renters how to turn it off.
I find if you don’t know you’ve got it, it actually feels dangerous

I hope that when people nod off that:confused: they have already pulled off!:oops:...:)

It’s a PITA all of the time.
I had it in my Tiguan, turned it off in the first week and never turned it back on in the 2 years that I had the car.
:laugh:You are a better man than I. I think that I would have lost patience with something like that and just ripped it out and left a blank space until I found a radio to put in its place. :sick:

This sort of technology seems to be being accepted as if every one was gagging for it. Obviously some manufacturers are pushing it but one suspects that politicians are behind it or certainly conspiring with manufacturers.

I hope that when people nod off that:confused: they have already pulled off!:oops:...:)

Unfortunately many don't and end up having accidents. I assume that's why the feature exists. It's a option, that if used incorrectly, may allow people to become more complacent when driving long distances.

Unfortunately many don't and end up having accidents. I assume that's why the feature exists. It's a option, that if used incorrectly, may allow people to become more complacent when driving long distances.
I have never ever used the cruise control on any vehicle that I have owned :) It sits there completely unused. Perhaps cme resale i could say unused features, worth more!:laugh:

Any way, I hope that Gazpar enjoys his vehicle and its gadgets.:waving:Do not forget, the WAVE. :waving:

Yeah will hold you in your lane and if you don't indicate to move over... Loud beeping telling you to stay in the middle of the lane with the wheel pulling you back! Bit scary at first. @Kind of Blue

In the Audi you can charge the vibration strength of the steering wheel when you try and change lane without indicating or just overpower the lane assist. I used ODBeleven to do this.

I learnt to indicate all the bloody time to stop the wheel vibrating.

No unfortunately it won’t. The T6 has a completely different electrical system to the T6.1
Such a shame as this would be at the top of my "I Want one" list.

I have never ever used the cruise control on any vehicle that I have owned :) It sits there completely unused. Perhaps cme resale i could say unused features, worth more!:laugh:

Any way, I hope that Gazpar enjoys his vehicle and its gadgets.:waving:Do not forget, the WAVE. :waving:
I always wave! There are some grumpy people about thou!

Back