Finally Arrived - Now The Questions Start......

rventhusiast

hi everyone, so have taken delivery of my 2016 Westfalia Club Joker, absolutely love it. I am about to adopt a German Shepherd Dog from a friend who has cancer and cannot now manage so, apart from starting his training to stop barking and pulling in the lead, I want to protect the rear travel seats in the camper. I hope to attach a picture but wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of a seat cover that would be a good fit - most I've seen tend to be for the standard Komi seats with headrests.

Thanks for any help

image.jpeg

I'd start by finding out what / where the seats are from.. or see if there is some kind if identification mark. Then track down a seat cover.
Failing that, go see an upholster and ask them to make a cover to suit yiur requirement.

P.s good luck with the dog training :thumbsup:

Thanks for that Fish. The seat is an Aguti seat installed by Westfalia so I’ll need to have a look round - they are a very good, well regarded seat manufacturer so should be someone doing specific covers for them.

Ebay. - 160890125561
Thanks Fish - unfortunately although they are for Aguti seats they are only single seat covers for Fiat Ducato front seats. Did a search on eBay for double/rear seats and there are some but not the above shape.

Looking more difficult than I thought - may have to press an old blanket into service!

Speak with:
Peter Degg
Vision Leisure Upholstery Ltd
01694 328008

Ask him if he has any contacts or cost for custom cover..

Another question - perhaps for all those with camper conversions though- my fridge is a Webasto Isotherm MOD.CR49EL and when I purchased it the previous owner was aware of a warning light on the control panel when the fridge was switched on. He was attempting to get some idea from the original supplying dealer or Westfalia as to whether the control panel was at fault since the fridge seemed to be cooling ok.

I have since tested it out and it is indeed cooling - in fact it can freeze a bottle of milk overnight even when set at the lowest setting! I have since asked Westfalia myself if they can confirm this must be the thermostat that is faulty (rather than the control panel) and, if so, could I purchase a replacement and get fitting instructions. The answer 'go to your Westfalia dealership'. Now this isn't very helpful since the previous owner has been trying to get an answer from them for the last month and they say they are waiting for Westfalia to give them an answer. I had thought that both companies were well respected previously.

However, my question is - has anyone had this type of fault with a 12v compressor fridge (particularly Isotherm) and have they managed to get it sorted. Can the parts and instructions be obtained elsewhere?

Thanks if you can help.

From the instruction manual:

Indicator lights
Green:
Power is on, compressor standing.
Green+yellow:
Compressor running within the higher temperature range.
(Low voltage).
Green+red:
Compressor running with the lower temperature range.
(High voltage).
Green+yellow+red:
Compressor running at lowest possible speed to reach
selected temperature in MAN.TEMP mode.
Flashing yellow+red:
Error signal from electronic unit. Automatic start attempt
after 1 min.
Flashing yellow:
Low battery voltage sensor has switched off. Automatic
re-start occurs when engine is started to charge batteries
again.
There is a delay of up to 30 sec. before reactions after
panel operations.

manual here:https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r..._Operate.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3Ec0ohyX-B-bQxwgM8_1zI

Last edited:
Thanks for the instructions and link - unfortunately, my fridge is the Elegance model rather than Cruise or Inox and does not have the LED lights mentioned - all the control and temperature settings are on the Westfalia control panel. Thanks for taking the time though.

How annoying when you are left in the hands of suppliers who will not assist with their product.
I'll have a root around t'internet and see if there is any relevant info for that.
A day later and.... nothing!
No joy - apparently there is a useful instruction manual for the control panel in German somewhere but I haven't been able to track it down. Poor customer service on the part of Westfalia methinks.

Thanks again for trying. I am getting a little bearer. Webasto have been very helpful and confirmed that Westfalia remove the standard thermostat and replace it with their own type which allows the fridge to be controlled from the control panel. An email from Westfalia confirms this and I am awaiting a reply now just to check that when I order the replacement (which has to be through a dealership) it is their modified type and not the original Webasto type meaning the fridge can still be controlled via the control panel.

Finally, a result. After a reply from Westfalia confirming that the replacement will be the same type as they fit (a modified thermostat to allow the fridge to be controlled via the main control panel) I rang the dealership to ask if they would order the item and have it posted to me for fitting locally. They immediately said they wouldn't recommend that as they have had several campers with this problem and their solution is to fit the original type of thermostat that Webasto use. This has the control knob and temperature sensor inside the fridge compartment. They said that the cause of mine freezing food in the fridge was because the control panel didn't operate the thermostat correctly and that I could order the original thermostat directly from Webasto.

Emailed the (very helpful) person I had been dealing with at Webasto and he immediately offered to send a replacement thermostat free of charge. Now that's what I call great customer service. Puts the converter and dealer to shame really.

Congratulations! It seems that Westfalia have " improved" Webasto's original system causing problems for several people. Why that was brushed under the carpet when the fault was reported to them instead of being straight about the problem immediately is beyond me.
Your result from Webasto re-affirms my liking for their products although I am already biased as I have been repairing their air heaters for several years now.

Back