Fiamma awning with sca pop top

xpfloyd

T6 Legend
After reading millions of threads on fitting the Fiamma F45s awning it seems like I have two options due to the sca pop top. The sca roof fills the gutter on the van so the standard method of fixing is not an option.

Option 1 - fit a reimo rail and buy brackets to fit the awning to the reimo. This will definitely work but the reimo rail is £220

Option 2 - fit the awning directly to the van using Vivaro brackets and rivnuts. The edge of the Vivaro roof has a similar curve to the T5/T6 apparently. (Read this works but not seen evidence)

So my question is has anyone went the Vivaro bracket option? And if so were there any issues?

May I ask what your reason is for having a F45s?

Is it really required? If not then maybe save a few pennies and put it towards multi-rail and attach and awning to this, if that is the intended use?

The F45S is the awning. I'm not following you @Fish ?

Sorry, by awning I mean Vango drive away

Sometimes owners follow trends and normal set patterns of mods, but then rarely use them, i.e F45s.. (no offence intended), therefore it may be more cost effective to have multi-rail with drive away awning or have a fabric sunshade.

IMO

Ahh sorry. We haven't even looked at the drive away ones as we ideally want an awning that can be deployed and put away fairly quickly. The thought of unpacking a tent type one and then packing it away again was offputting. That's why we ended up down the fiamma route. If we were planning on using camp sites more then the driveaway ones would probably be the better option but we see ourselves wild camping more or if we do use sites it will be short duration type of thing

To add alittle more.
with out seeing the SCA closed I am not sure how much 'give' the rubber seals would have?, but I am currently in the process of designing a Fiamma bracket that not only uses the multi-rail but ALSO the gutter fixings. No drilling the roof(which is crazy!) the brackets contour Down into the gutter and fix.

@Fish with the sca you don't have a gutter anymore. However if you do have a gutter they already make a bracket that doesn't require roof drilling. It bolts in the gutter and then sika flex sealed to the van curve.

I don't mind having to drill the roof though. Just need to work out if the Vivaro bracket can be used or not. The bit that goes under the closed roof will go under no problem as it's thin metal and the gap isn't super tight

Ah, sorry. Obviously no help whats-so-ever!:rolleyes:
Haha thanks for trying though. You have made me think I should at least check out the other awning options before making a purchase. Maybe there are some that are quick to erect and pack away which is really what I'm after

That looks interesting. What Vango model do you use? I googled it there and they were all more expensive than the fiamma. The fiamma is circa £500 if a multirail is not needed

We have an SCA 194, Fiamma F45s, Vango Kela 3 and have just bought a Vango Air Hex Hub - we have and/or intend to use all and/or a combination of to suit circumstances. Aside from the pop-top, the one we have used the most so far though is the Fiamma - as well as standalone for shorter breaks, we use it to allow easier attachment and tensioning of the Kela and intend to use is as a bit of a bridge between the van and the Air Hex. As per my pictures on the other thread, I think our brackets must be the Vivaro ones.

Just watched a video of erecting one of these, I reckon we could put up our Khyam motordome in less time than than with the added option of being able to drive away and leave it and it's contents for the day, the Vango would be even quicker

I have the Vango Galli mate, along with the F45s and the multi-rail.. but I have different times and uses for each one depending on the job at hand.

Overall, I was thinking that a multi-rail and fabric sun-shade may have been suitable, depending on your intended use

Didn't even realise you could get fabric sun shades that fit the multirail! Think I need to do more research

When you guys are saying you switch between the fiamma and the drive aways at various times do you detach the fiamma from the rail? Or is there still enough access to it to use it?

Didn't even realise you could get fabric sun shades that fit the multirail! Think I need to do more research

When you guys are saying you switch between the fiamma and the drive aways at various times do you detach the fiamma from the rail? Or is there still enough access to it to use it?
No - the Fiamma has built in awning channels

For me, I will be able to do both, once brackets are finished.
but the F45s can also accept a kador strip.

....plus, by rolling the Fiamma out slightly it makes it a lot easier to attached the drive away awning (via a Kador strip/figure of 8) and then roll the Fiamma back in to apply a bit of tension.

This is ours on the old bay, we can put the pole in the middle to fold down the front in bad weather or a sible one front centre to form a A shape depending on what we need. It takes up no room at all and can be put up in about 2 minutes and there's no wind noise while driving
DSC03419.JPG

Picture of mine from the recent group trip to Bala. The F45 is permanently attached to the van but, in this picture, it's not rolled out - the awning is attached to the channels in the F45 via a Kador strip and some figure of 8.

IMG_2672.jpg

Back