Fiamma awning with sca pop top

@Davenjo what is that filler piece made of? There's a rubber one you can buy from fiamma but a lot of people use the foam pipe insulation you get in b&q and the likes and jam it in. That looks like it's metal? Nice solution whatever they have done

@Davenjo what is that filler piece made of? There's a rubber one you can buy from fiamma but a lot of people use the foam pipe insulation you get in b&q and the likes and jam it in. That looks like it's metal? Nice solution whatever they have done
It looks like a piece of foam rubber - it has a square cross section and looks like it has been squashed and glued in - it does look very neat though and prior to looking at it for this thread I too thought it was metal.

Just thinking with regards to the rails and the cali rails... are there any awnings that use the full length of the lwb rail or are they all fixed length for the swb?

I was worried that the cali rail on a lwb wouldn't work but it will clear the door ok and will just finish short (for me looks should be fine, not so worried about aesthetics here in Switzerland!) but it should be ok? Has anyone any experience with this?

@scotia thats a good point, awnings dont come in SWB and LWB versions so if you can live with the looks then it will be fine in terms of functionality I guess.

Guys Dumbass here with another question.

I have my van with the sca roof and we had fitted the van a reimo multirail we want to buy a Fiamma f45s but every time we try to buy one they ask us a bazillion questions before they will sell it to us.

My husband doesn’t really want any more holes drilled in the van can we do it with just brackets. Hubby seems to think the multirail might be to flimsy to hold it without drilling.

Really just needed to know how all this works, as you can tell we are really new to this vw stuff.

Last edited:
I don’t think the multirail will be upto the job. However, rather going for a roll out awning why not try one of these first to see how much you use - not as convenient as a roll out but a fraction of the price and should be compatible with what you have - if you use it a lot look at upgrading to a Fiamma later:- VW Camper Sun Canopy Awnings

Guys Dumbass here with another question.

I have my van with the sca roof and we had fitted the van a reimo multirail we want to buy a Fiamma f45s but every time we try to buy one they ask us a bazillion questions before they will sell it to us.

My husband doesn’t really want any more holes drilled in the van can we do it with just brackets. Hubby seems to think the multirail might be to flimsy to hold it without drilling.

Really just needed to know how all this works, as you can tell we are really new to this vw stuff.
Speak to @Fish. He has a reimo multirail, and has got some brackets made for the Fiamma that then connect into the bolts on the roof where roof bars would otherwise go.
Ultimately, best of both worlds and no need to drill any more holes.

Speak to @Fish. He has a reimo multirail, and has got some brackets made for the Fiamma that then connect into the bolts on the roof where roof bars would otherwise go.
Ultimately, best of both worlds and no need to drill any more holes.
Poptop?

I had a little look at those before they are quite neat. I wanted the wind out one as I’m 5 ft 4 and I can barely touch the top of the van and have to set things up on my own, I’m also attaching a vango air hub hexaway to the pullout system and after a load of research I don’t have to be so accurate with the placing of the things as I can wind it in or out a bit if I screw it up. I do really like the price though that’s what I’m looking at just for the brackets.

I think Roo is going to have to back to where it was built for a minor upgrade or I can swap my husband for a taller more mobile one.

I had a little look at those before they are quite neat. I wanted the wind out one as I’m 5 ft 4 and I can barely touch the top of the van and have to set things up on my own, I’m also attaching a vango air hub hexaway to the pullout system and after a load of research I don’t have to be so accurate with the placing of the things as I can wind it in or out a bit if I screw it up. I do really like the price though that’s what I’m looking at just for the brackets.

I think Roo is going to have to back to where it was built for a minor upgrade or I can swap my husband for a taller more mobile one.
With you 100% on attachment of driveaways - exactly what we do with our Fiamma.

The brackets I have had done are/will work with planned HiLo.
However, without looking closely at the fitting of the SCA I cannot advide with this.

In my world I also strive for multiple options..
So I have the remio multi, with option of F45 as sunshade or if its a quick day out the a sun canopy on multirail.

Weekends away, I have it all on.. multi/F45/and vango..
Why? For those that ask..

Because I can..lol:thumbsup:

Has any one fitted the Cali awning rail to a LWB with SCA? I have a Cali awning to fit and am looking for a simple available solution that works

yes we have, both sides. it finishes short of the van but we dont really care about looks that much.. and it doesnt look that bad..

just the rails for the moment - will get an awning maybe this year we'll see. i dont know what a cali awning is actually?

It's VW's version of a F45 SWB.
I think the Cali ones are rebadged Thule Omnistors - either way, look and work pretty much the same but I don't think they have the built in C channels that the Fiamma has??

I offered a Cali rail up to my LWB today and the profiles are different. The rear of the rail curves in where the roof is flat. This leave a sizeable gap to fill with sealer so I wouldn't be happy to use it as a mount.
So it's a Reimo LWB for me.

Amended. The Reimo is the wrong profile so an alternative is the VanX "Cali LWB" rail, which I need to check has the correct profile.

Last edited:
Back