Factory Swivel Seats

Jimmi

Television Lighting Engineer
T6 Guru
im speccing up my van and if you get factory swivel bases fitted you can’t have height adjustable seats, If I retro fit seat bases will the seats be height adjustable?

im speccing up my van and if you get factory swivel bases fitted you can’t have height adjustable seats, If I retro fit seat bases will the seats be height adjustable?
Yes, but you will need to lower the handbrake

When we specked up our Cali the choice was swivel seats or a no cost upgrade to electric adjustable seats.
We went for swivels but not heard of anyone retrofitting the swivel base, I expect overall the seat would be too high to startwith.
Factory handbreak is in the way and has to be off to swivel the seats, (EPB) would have been a great T6 upgrade.

I'm surprised no one has fitted a EPB as they're available in the aftermarket

Height is what’s stopping me putting a swivel in. (I’m tall when sat down)

So if I add 30mm in seat height then I’m in the ceiling!

Tried a van a Bus Fest with a Hilo and a swivel and it would be impossible.

Is there a lower seat base? Can’t be the only one with this problem - probably only do passenger side.

Height is what’s stopping me putting a swivel in. (I’m tall when sat down)

So if I add 30mm in seat height then I’m in the ceiling!

Tried a van a Bus Fest with a Hilo and a swivel and it would be impossible.

Is there a lower seat base? Can’t be the only one with this problem - probably only do passenger side.
VW T5 Single Seat Base Box

Talk to Exploria. They noted this business of the seat being high if spec'd with VW swivels when we were talking with them. They suggested using their swivels which don't add height. But yes, the handbrake has to be off for the drivers seat to turn. We're very pleased with them, no rattles or squeaks either.

Back