Factory Sunroof

T6Chris

Web/graphic designer
T6 Pro
Hi People,

I'm thinking of going for the factory sunroof but the dealer doesn't have any images of it and my web search didn't get much either!

Do any of you guys have one fitted and if so thoughts please and any images if you have some floating about would be gratefully received,

Cheers,

Chris

yep I do. It's small, in-fact the smallest sunroof I have ever seen. Works fine; we always have the blind open to make make the cab as airy as possible. Absolutely no noise when closed. Not sure we have had it open whilst driving. I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it up. Would I spec it up again?, yep I would. But we intend to keep this van for long time, so easier to get value out of it.

T6Chris , order it , nice option. Wish I had one but hey . Seen two t6 with them fitted, still got one in Exeter VW van centre on silver kombi with twin electic side doors , demo van for sale . Go for it :thumbsup:

I've got one too. Makes a lot of noise when driving with it open so I don't bother. Great for airing the cab though.

Good to know @Jules, thanks. Not that it matters much now as I've ordered it anyway, but is it noisy when open on slide or tilt or both? ( I think the dealer said it did both?)

Good to know @Jules, thanks. Not that it matters much now as I've ordered it anyway, but is it noisy when open on slide or tilt or both? ( I think the dealer said it did both?)

Hi @T6Chris

Yes it does both and only noisy when fully open. It has a large drag when it's fully open so too annoying to drive with at more than 30mph, in my opinion anyway

I love a sunroof, and also order one on my vans and cars. As above, great for making the cabin brighter when the blind is open. Cheapest factory sunroof out there but also the smallest!

Back