Facia vent temp sensor

Think theres a sensor behind the outlet grille on the left and right vents, if you shine a torch in and look through the slats you should be able to see them a couple inches back

Think theres a sensor behind the outlet grille on the left and right vents, if you shine a torch in and look through the slats you should be able to see them a couple inches back
I have taken all four vents out and still cannot find the vent temp sensor. I have googled an image too....

Only one sensor in left vent (G150) on LHD- so I'd guess the one would be on on the right vent on RHD (G151?). Easy to spot through the slats.
Besides that one footwell air temperature sensor and one by evaporator.

Only one sensor in left vent (G150) on LHD- so I'd guess the one would be on on the right vent on RHD (G151?). Easy to spot through the slats.
Besides that one footwell air temperature sensor and one by evaporator.
So I guess access would be similar to a golf mk 5 through the dash end plates? I removed the vents and couldn't find the location. Many thanks once again. Another step closer to finishing my retro fit aircon conversion :cool:

If sits behind the slatted front of the vent and rises up from the centre bottom of the ducting where the air enters the outlet assembly/fascia

sorry I thought it was in both outside vents but must be just the one

Back