Extra seat in the back of a T6

Cooper

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I’ve got a 2017 SWB T6. We’ve just sold our camper but would like to keep up our adventures between now and when we get (hopefully) another one. Problem is, there are 4 of us (me, wife and two boys) and my van only has 3 seats. Is there such a thing as an “extra” seat I can stick in the back and remove when not in use? I saw this on eBay but have know idea if I’m massively over simplifying the situation…

It is a fairly simple fix. You need a single shuttle seat. If you have a right hand single, the brackets are easy to fit. If you have a left hand single then you need to drop the fuel tank to fit the brackets.

what is probably a better option is to get a centre shuttle seat with integral seat belt and orientate it to the RHS. The brackets should be doable with just dropping the heat shields.

I can send a pic of where you need the brackets fitting as its a non-standard installation albeit uses all OEM bracket placements.

Drop me a PM with a phone number if you want to chat it through.

Ian

Hopefully this shows the seat bracket location. Using a centre shuttle seat means you dont need to add a seatbelt to the chassis as it is integral to the seat.

5C5D42E6-858C-4873-B678-42AB2AB3DE81.jpeg

That makes perfect sense! Thank you very much.
Agree fitting it to right would be preferable as I’ve only just mentally recovered from dropping the fuel tank to fit the sender for the night heater!
The problem will be sourcing a centre shuttle seat surely? I’ll drop you a PM also.

I got mine from Vanleisure UK in Coventry. They are on ebay but cannot see a middle seat for sale. Perhaps sent him a message via one of his other adverts?

I’ll drop them a line. Found a couple of other potential seats on EBay also. Something within 300 miles of me would be nice!

Finally got my quick release single kombi seat for the back of my T6. I’ve got the seat, quick release brackets and nuts but when the guy dropped it off, he mentioned that I need reinforcement brackets if I want to fit it in the 2nd row position…. Has anyone got an image/part numbers for the brackets I need as google seems to come up with loads of different options?

Back