Error message !! Parking distance control

Golgappas

VIP Member
I removed the connections for my dashcam parking mode, piggy backed fuses etc. Didn't pay enough attention or should have taken a photo first but now getting error messages.
Tried clearing faults with Carista but only comes back. I checked with the fuse location chart to see what fuse where but still a problem.
Does anyone recognise which fuse it should be.
Thanks in advance

error.jpg

Have a look if there are any fuse locations with two terminals showing. This would mean a fuse is missing.

Thanks for help , still trying to clear faults.
I must of unplug these two cable from board but they can't be to do with this problem. Must be connected to the camper side of things, cheers

fb2.jpg

fb1.jpg

Just run Carista again and these are the faults
Parking/steering assist, Central electronics, adaptive cruise control, and CAN network gateway.
Are these all controlled by one unit or spread across the fuse board ?Thanks in advance

Have you had the battery off?

Have you been for a drive since this showed up? VAG love a warning message on the dash after you disconnect stuff. A 10min drive followed by cycling the ignition off and on again resolves a lot of them.

Thanks for tip , yes, had a good drive and tried the ignition trick but to no avail. Still think something not getting power !

Ok, this is likely to relate to those a 2 wires hanging. they are piggy back fuse holders which replace the stock fuse and allow an additional feed to tap off for something else. The problem with nothing being plugged in is current can no longer flow back in to the stock vehicle wiring and thus, no feed to various modules likely including your parking distance sensor.

Thanks for reply
Yes, I'm baffled to what these relate to. Maybe to do with the camper side but all is working . Its not something VW would do to feed something else or is it ??? Someone would have recognised these two cable as something important .If all the main fuses in the piggyback connector are now back in the fuse board then these two cables are now redundant ???
CAN network gateway 131655
Parking/steering 13632273
Central electronics 529173
ACC 00937

Thanks again for all your help

If I put these piggyback fuse holders back in fuse board, which feeds would they use ? guessing game atm.

.If all the main fuses in the piggyback connector are now back in the fuse board then these two cables are now redundant ???
ah, so your saying when you removed the piggyback fuse holders you replaced them with fuses? - if that's the case and assuming you put the in the correct location and the fuses are not blown then all should be well.

I don't have a fuse box layout for the 6.1 (which I'm assuming you have by the picture) so hopefully someone who has can point you to the fuse that feeds the parking sensor module so you can double check that

CAN network gateway 131655
Parking/steering 13632273
Central electronics 529173
ACC 00937
ALL the four codes above indicate that the modules have no communication with trailer controller. Obviously need to get the trailer controller back on-line.
Any work done under seat - fuses SH1, SH2, SH3, SH5?

Guys, I think you have cracked it, the two cables must be feeding a trailer module on my tow bar. Does this sound right ?
I will phone the tow bar people and ask which feeds they used in the fuse board. I hadn't realise they have run cables from tow bar to the board.
Many thanks to mmi and sparkzer . Will update tomorrow with results, cheers

Reactions: mmi
Back