Engine system light.

Lynnietom

Hi!
Called Mayday out as the engine system light came on when driving back from the Lakes.
Error code P20EE - SCR NOx catalyst efficiency below threshold bank 1 was diagnosed.
Could someone from our learned community please explain what this means in simple terms. MOT is due 1/9 and I don't want to fail.
Thanks so much.

There will be many with far greater knowledge than me - but this happened to me recently. I reset the error and have driven the van a fair bit harder since ( going on advice that I was given - which also said that it wasn't, in the big picture necessarily a big deal ) and fingers crossed hasn't returned. My own research has suggested also that there is a software update that may reduce these alerts which I'm going to enquire about on my next service. I believer that the EML on is an MOT fail though.

Hi!
Called Mayday out as the engine system light came on when driving back from the Lakes.
Error code P20EE - SCR NOx catalyst efficiency below threshold bank 1 was diagnosed.
Could someone from our learned community please explain what this means in simple terms. MOT is due 1/9 and I don't want to fail.
Thanks so much.

Have a Search using P20EE

There will be many with far greater knowledge than me - but this happened to me recently. I reset the error and have driven the van a fair bit harder since ( going on advice that I was given - which also said that it wasn't, in the big picture necessarily a big deal ) and fingers crossed hasn't returned. My own research has suggested also that there is a software update that may reduce these alerts which I'm going to enquire about on my next service. I believer that the EML on is an MOT fail though.
Thank you for your reply. The technician has cleared the code. I knew it was an MOT fail. Will it fail on emissions though ?

Adblue reduces NOX not CO2 or soot. Your van has a DPF in the exhaust which if working correctly doesn’t allow soot through.
MOT only checks for opacity so it’s looking for soot, so far I’ve had 2 MOTs and the test station has not produced a report as there is a DPF fitted on my van.

Adblue reduces NOX not CO2 or soot. Your van has a DPF in the exhaust which if working correctly doesn’t allow soot through.
MOT only checks for opacity so it’s looking for soot, so far I’ve had 2 MOTs and the test station has not produced a report as there is a DPF fitted on my van.
Thank you for your reply.
I never run out of AdBlue so that's not an issue. As the light hasn't come back on can I breathe more easily?

Back