Engine management light

YESBOY

T6 Pro
Hi
I can see this may have been discussed before:
So driving to a friends last night the engine management light started flashing and I experienced small power loss !! I pulled over and there was a loud ticking noise coming from driver side of engine (Fuel pressure sensor side ) I turned the engine off left it a few minutes then restarted. No flashing light so we carried on our journey.
On the way home all was fine but when we pulled on the drive and got out, the heat from the wheel arch was red hot and there was a big noise coming from the fans.
I rang my VW dealer today and they are on lock- down and are not taking any bookings until 4 Aug !! And it turns out all dealers around the Essex area are the same.
I called VW Assist they were at my door within 30 mins, and plugged the laptop in and it showed fuel pressure sensor fault that was the a problem, but I then find out it had happened before, whilst being a demonstrator (pre reg not driven) and looks like it was just cleared by dealership as there is no paper trail .... he also said that the van was trying to regen on our way home and that didn't finish and I turned the engine off !!! I thought there was meant to be a little exhaust sign with dots that show you it's happening? Another problem he said not all of them work and due for a software update but mine shows it already been done before I purchased it in April?????
So they now want to take it away on a recovery truck and sit in there yard until they deal with the back-log of vans before they can even open the bonnet... unbelievable
Has anybody found the fix to this problem ?
Thanks

Ours was having issues with the DPF coming on after every journey, and the engine management light on. Apparently the software update only takes a minute to fix it, so may be worth speaking to the dealership to see if they can get it done and get you mobile again... if there's still an issue once they've confirmed you're on the latest software (properly applied, not just flagged as such in a paper trail), then they can keep hold of it for their extensive investigations...

Ours was having issues with the DPF coming on after every journey, and the engine management light on. Apparently the software update only takes a minute to fix it, so may be worth speaking to the dealership to see if they can get it done and get you mobile again... if there's still an issue once they've confirmed you're on the latest software (properly applied, not just flagged as such in a paper trail), then they can keep hold of it for their extensive investigations...

It could be worth a call, they was very adamant they would not book any more vehicles in until there lockdown had been cleared, yet the car service side can fit me in tomorrow and I'm sure it's the same engine as most In the VW range ...... I hear you calling Mercedes !!!

It could be worth a call, they was very adamant they would not book any more vehicles in until there lockdown had been cleared, yet the car service side can fit me in tomorrow and I'm sure it's the same engine as most In the VW range ...... I hear you calling Mercedes !!!
Not sure they can turn such a warranty issue away so easily, any more issues call vw assist from dealership and ask for their suggestions.......

Not sure they can turn such a warranty issue away so easily, any more issues call vw assist from dealership and ask for their suggestions.......

I did argue this with Beadles of Dartford today
surely a engine warning light must be dealt as priority over a service and the answer was we are full and taking no vehicles even from VW asisit roadside the next garage that's taking vans is 40 miles away and it will be taken there and you will get a high vehicle as they still have massive back log
Point blank !!!!!!

Back