Engine management light after removing passenger seat

Newcs

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I removed the passenger double seat and disconnected the electrics along with those that were plugged into the drivers seat in order to remove the remainder of the bulkhead.

I connected everything back up and the van has not been driven since. When I started it this morning the engine management light has come on.

Is this just coincidence or can this happen? Is there anything I can check? Appears to be driving fine, MPG seemed a little low but that’s all.

You 100% its the engine light and not an airbag light ?

Most if the electrics under the seats relate to locks and lighting etc and not engine related stuff so not sure what would have triggered it ?
Some faults are 'latching' and require a reset with a diagnostic tool to clear, did you turn the ignition on with anything unplugged ?

Yeah, pretty sure. I’ve put a pic on.

Definitely didn’t switch anything on until everything was plugged back in. The van hasn’t moved though since I plugged it in. I did switch it on to make sure there were no warning lights.

The only other thing I’ve done was to use some sikaflex to fill holes in the rear floor off the ply lining and some excess may have come through but I cannot see how that would cause any issue.

DBFFE19A-CAC7-490C-A81D-98F73F42E090.jpeg

Back