engine light - T6

Tuppers

Hi all. Bilbo's a 2019 T6 DSG. Had the dreaded engine light come on on about an hour in when driving back from Norfolk yesterday. In the last 2 weeks its done about 2000 miles so its not short stop start trips causing it. A mate plugged his ODB thing in and cleared it but is it an issue i should get looked at? Vans still under warranty? Seems like its the curse of the transporter but i dont want to damage anything. Cheers all

Enginelight.jpg

Had this a few times, turns out it’s a regen that could t happen, I call vw assist and they come out to my driveway, force it through a re-gen clear the dpf before it builds up too much and good to go!
If it is and error caused by regen it deffo needs to be sorted because with won’t regen automatically and the dpf will build up and potentially fail, vw assist told me this. I’ve have them out at least 5 times for this… normally because I allways run the fuel low and that will also cause it not to do a regen! Good luck

You need to get the codes read, and then post them on here. That light comes on for a number of reasons.

Pete

Reactions: CAB
Thx all, next time it comes on i will call VW. I work with a petrol head who cleared the error so will have to get the codes next time as i am sure it wont be long.

@dandan88 thats interesting sounds like this is a constant problem with them. I would have thought the several 5 hour drives we did in the past few weeks would have cleared the dpf but i know bugger all about cars only what i read on here. Loving this forum :thumbsup:

Had the same after a 3.5hr drive next day light on.
Was a egr fault, Vw assist came out forced regen (said there was a fair but if ash in but cleared the soot).
I always keep tank over quarter full with super Fuel with all my vehicles).
Hope this is just a bad start as we love our van.
Not sure that makes a difference as Vw assist said he had ran one for 117k on supermarket fuel had no adblue, dpf, egr issues!!

My van is booked in with vw end of the month will be pushing for egr and pipe to be replaced.

How many miles has your van done?

Thx all, next time it comes on i will call VW. I work with a petrol head who cleared the error so will have to get the codes next time as i am sure it wont be long.

@dandan88 thats interesting sounds like this is a constant problem with them. I would have thought the several 5 hour drives we did in the past few weeks would have cleared the dpf but i know bugger all about cars only what i read on here. Loving this forum :thumbsup:
As said above, you need to know the codes and not just reset them. That error can be a failed differential pressure sensor that will stop regens from happening.

Had the same after a 3.5hr drive next day light on.
Was a egr fault, Vw assist came out forced regen (said there was a fair but if ash in but cleared the soot).
I always keep tank over quarter full with super Fuel with all my vehicles).
Hope this is just a bad start as we love our van.
Not sure that makes a difference as Vw assist said he had ran one for 117k on supermarket fuel had no adblue, dpf, egr issues!!

My van is booked in with vw end of the month will be pushing for egr and pipe to be replaced.

How many miles has your van done?
Came on with 17k on the clock

Had this a few times, turns out it’s a regen that could t happen, I call vw assist and they come out to my driveway, force it through a re-gen clear the dpf before it builds up too much and good to go!
If it is and error caused by regen it deffo needs to be sorted because with won’t regen automatically and the dpf will build up and potentially fail, vw assist told me this. I’ve have them out at least 5 times for this… normally because I allways run the fuel low and that will also cause it not to do a regen! Good luck

Please tell me that you don't still drive around with the fuel gauge begging you to go to a fuel station and fill it up?

Haha no I always just call vw assist comes out straight away, yesterday was the egr and glow plug sensor issue

Back