Electrical Gremlins

MickW

VIP Member
Hi
My 2016 T6 high line has developed a few problems so your thoughts would be appreciate, done about 34k

The ABS & slip lights have come on most of the time, this is the second time last one was a new speed sensor the stop start won’t work but I’m sure that’s due to the other issues.

When driving along the van occasionally hiccups as if the ignition was turned off and back on again, it’s like you have run over a rough line in the road. then drives normally, no lights or anything just an occasional hiccup

Driving at between 30mph and 40mph the speedo was reading 20mph this happened a few times.

I’m taking it in to the local who sorted me last time but wonder if the might of the forum can throw some light on my issues

Thanks in anticipation
Mickw

Hi
My 2016 T6 high line has developed a few problems so your thoughts would be appreciate, done about 34k

The ABS & slip lights have come on most of the time, this is the second time last one was a new speed sensor the stop start won’t work but I’m sure that’s due to the other issues.

When driving along the van occasionally hiccups as if the ignition was turned off and back on again, it’s like you have run over a rough line in the road. then drives normally, no lights or anything just an occasional hiccup

Driving at between 30mph and 40mph the speedo was reading 20mph this happened a few times.

I’m taking it in to the local who sorted me last time but wonder if the might of the forum can throw some light on my issues

Thanks in anticipation
Mickw
As daft as it might sound, a failing battery can cause all sorts of electrical issues. Is your battery the one that it came out of the factory with 7 years ago?
Edit; one of the first signs of a failing battery is that the stop / start doesn't work!

Never thought of the battery I’ll get it checked out.
from memory the last time the speed sensor failed the stop start didn’t work until it was sorted.
I forgot one other odd thing on a couple of occasions when starting the starter continued for a very short time (not a second) after letting go of the key.
If my local man can’t sort it easily I’ll take it to a VW stealer but trying to avoid that.

thanks
Mickw

That’s normal, you don’t need to hold the key to start just click it forward and the van will keep the starter engaged u til the engine is running

That’s normal, you don’t need to hold the key to start just click it forward and the van will keep the starter engaged u til the engine is running
Thanks Pauly
I never noticed this before but maybe looking for issues.

thanks
Mickw

Never thought of the battery I’ll get it checked out.
from memory the last time the speed sensor failed the stop start didn’t work until it was sorted.
I forgot one other odd thing on a couple of occasions when starting the starter continued for a very short time (not a second) after letting go of the key.
If my local man can’t sort it easily I’ll take it to a VW stealer but trying to avoid that.

thanks
Mickw
Get the battery tested, but in fairness if it is 7 years old it's living on borrowed time and it's going to let you down at some point in the not too distant future.

Hi

Thanks in anticipation
Mickw
Hi Thanks for your comments etc.
The local ish garage tested the van and found two failed wheel speed sensors one front one rear on opposite sides, he replaced both then checked the electric system including battery and charging, goodbye £240.
In hindsight I should have had him change the other rear sensor which would mean all sensors had been changed.
Since then we’ve driven almost 400 miles and all issues are sorted (fingers crossed)
Again thanks for the help

Back