EGR valve fault

Glennpea123

T6 Pro
Hello all
My engine light has come on again on my T6 .
It has again shown up as this fault - EGR- on diagnostic tool. Looks like I’ll have to purchase one or is there another fix that anyone knows of? If not are they easy Enough to fit
cheers
Glenn

Same Glenn - looking to whip it off myself and give it a clean - it’ll be interesting to see if anyone has tackled it yet

1.9? That must be T5.1 surely?
Same Glenn - looking to whip it off myself and give it a clean - it’ll be interesting to see if anyone has tackled it yet
I worked alongside a guy in Feltham last winter and he ran a sideline cleaning EGR on trucks and commercial vehicles in London which did short low speed trips. He charged from about £250 and was making good money. He told me that the best preventative was to ensure you do at least one 40 minute drive on a motorway or dual carriageway each month.
Good luck with it, please do a write up when you do it.

I worked alongside a guy in Feltham last winter and he ran a sideline cleaning EGR on trucks and commercial vehicles in London which did short low speed trips. He charged from about £250 and was making good money. He told me that the best preventative was to ensure you do at least one 40 minute drive on a motorway or dual carriageway each month.
Its easy enough taken off - but it’s the cleaning I’m wondering about due to it being a heat exchanger - don’t want to damage the structure between the coolant and exhaust gases

Its easy enough taken off - but it’s the cleaning I’m wondering about due to it being a heat exchanger - don’t want to damage the structure between the coolant and exhaust gases
Mark do you know what chemicals he was using by any chance? I know about the oven cleaner and that but would want something better that’s going to blast it clean

My 140 euro 5 has the engine light on and shows the erg stuck part open . It’s going in the dealer on thursday as I have a 4 year warranty. Is done 55000 miles with lot of motorway driving so doesn’t look good for VW . Let’s hope it’s covered under the warranty.It looks like a easy part to get to on a Euro 5 .

How many miles had that done . Got mine back yesterday from the dealers and all replaced under goodwill .Its just coming up to 4 years with 55000 miles .Lets hope it goes another 55000

Spent £40 odd on TUNAP egr cleaner which turned out to have no pressure in the can - past it’s sell by date! - I used a coil cleaning solution that I use in my job - took me hours though

Back