EGR Cooler replacement cost

T6.Ch09pyy

what’s everyone do when they need a egr I don’t do a lot of miles around 8 k a year the van 4 years old nearly and I’m geting a fault code po401 do I just need a new one or can it be cleaned or can it be taken out ?

what’s everyone do when they need a egr I don’t do a lot of miles around 8 k a year the van 4 years old nearly and I’m geting a fault code po401 do I just need a new one or can it be cleaned or can it be taken out ?
Hi
Did you get your egr sorted?
I have same problem
After resent service by vw they said I would soon get that fault code showing as egr/ cooler not working properly
4 years old now but only done 23k
So pissed off if have to replace
Don’t expect this from vw

Hi
Did you get your egr sorted?
I have same problem
After resent service by vw they said I would soon get that fault code showing as egr/ cooler not working properly
4 years old now but only done 23k
So pissed off if have to replace
Don’t expect this from vw
I had to have a new one £600 qid be wouldn’t do it under warranty because it’s been mapped joke I no

Sorry to hear that
I’ll probably have to do the same
Out of warranty now so will have to pay
They should last longer or be serviceable .

Just out of interest what map have you got on your van and do you think it may of contributed to it ?

I had a general warning light pop up a few months ago, took it in to the local VW garage and they flushed the EGR under warranty. I think an annual preventative flush might be a good idea. no further issues so far

I had a general warning light pop up a few months ago, took it in to the local VW garage and they flushed the EGR under warranty. I think an annual preventative flush might be a good idea. no further issues so far
Typical dealers
They just told me I needed a new egr fitting
If it was in warranty bet they would have flushed it like yours

There's various companies out there that can perform EGR cleaning. Have a google around see what you can find locally.
You can also get a can of EGR cleaner from Halfords for a tenner.

There's various companies out there that can perform EGR cleaning. Have a google around see what you can find locally.
You can also get a can of EGR cleaner from Halfords for a tenner.
Thanks
I will look into it before buying a new one

I’ve just had similar issue, but the blockage has cause the EGR pipe to split sending exhaust fumes into the cab, it’s been pretty horrendous. Mines a 67 plate but seems this is a common issue tho my first time! Kinda weird people talking about supermarket diesel. I’ve ran diesels for 20 years, Vauxhall’s Fords BMW’s etc & NEVER had any issues...First VW I’ve ever had & loads of bother...not sure if it’s worth it tbh

Back