egr additives / cleaners

Pedro20001

Auto assembly technician
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all, does anyone use and / or recommend an EGR additive or cleaner as preventative maintenance, I've seen several products in halfords etc? Thanks in advance.

It’s the Shake N Vac for engines.
Make a mess on the carpet and then vacuum it up.
Squirt some oil based liquid into the engine, make a load of smoke and believe it was the carbon burning off…doh

It’s the Shake N Vac for engines.
Make a mess on the carpet and then vacuum it up.
Squirt some oil based liquid into the engine, make a load of smoke and believe it was the carbon burning off…doh
You're not a believer then???? :slow rofl:

I do admit to using Archoil Ar6900 D….but also renew oil/air filter every year but mines a bi -Turbo ….does it help…Well the van pulls like a train still after 3 years.……the wife doesn’t like fast driving but I love it :inlove:

Just look up …Fuel additives..in the search bar :)

Last edited:
My car is as fast as it was 20 years and 208K miles ago, never had anything added.
I’d be very concerned if a 3 year old engine had lost performance.

I use either Millers Ecomax or a cheaper version with similar ingredients - HYDRA MAXIMUS Cleaning Diesel Injectors, Diesel Turbo Cleaner, Use the Best Fuel Injector Cleaner Additive for Diesel Fuel

Never had an egr or dpf issue, regens are always quick and I do lots of short journeys.
I’ve just got a bottle of the Hydra Maximus yesterday.
I was previously using their cheaper Hydra EN whatever cetane booster, which was fine. Regens reduced when I started using that.
Gone for the maximus because of the injector cleaner that’s in it.

I've recently read on another forum that Hydra DPB-100 diesel fuel injector cleaner was highly recommended,,, just wondering if this stuff could, or should be used in an Add Blue engine?

Just ordered a litre to start with.

John.
Probably teaching you to suck eggs, but the dosing bottle markings are difficult to read so I have a mark at the 20ml line and every time I fuel up I put 30litres in then pour in 20ml of Hydra and that saves faffing with the quantities.
Edit:- Ignore this John, looks like my maths is up the shoot.

Last edited:
Probably teaching you to suck eggs, but the dosing bottle markings are difficult to read so I have a mark at the 20ml line and every time I fuel up I put 30litres in then pour in 20ml of Hydra and that saves faffing with the quantities.

According to the website you should be putting in 60ml for 30L of fuel?

USAGE

Dose Rate: 1:500 Use 2ml Hydra MAXIMUS to 1 litres of fuel.

I just ordered a bottle. See what the hype is about :)

My 204 regens all the bloody time it seems, but always quite short.

Just ordered a litre to start with.

John.
I’m still using it 18 months on and I don’t notice any regens whilst driving but a couple of times when I’ve parked up the fans been running as a regen hasn’t finished, my van is just over 2 years old with 6000 miles on the clock.

John.

Back