Edinburgh Caravan And Motorhome Club Site

BeePee

T6 Guru
Have I bought the most popular and best van on the planet ?
Counted 12 on site yesterday, everything from show, day, camper and tow vehicles.

Even a white one with air suspenders.

Class !

I spent my teens there in the late 70s. It's changed beyond all recognition since then but it still feels like home when I go back.

My wife and I had our honeymoon in a cottage just outside Fort William, and went for our holidays over the next few years. We used to look forward to a seafood restaurant that was on the banks of loch Linnhe called The Crannog. Amazing fresh fish direct from the fishermen.

We did go back to Fort William a few years ago, but it seemed to have lost it's appeal with shops boarded up etc. I'm not sure what it's like now.

It used to be a stunning part of Scotland to visit, along with the obligatory trip up Ben Nevis.
That part of Scotland is still stunning, it’s just Fort William that is a bit rubbish. I know Ben Nevis has to be done but it’s it’s a shame it’s such a dreary and crowded walk compared to so many others in the area. It can be improved a lot by doing Carn Mor Dearg and the arête

We love going upto that part of Scotland and I guess it depends on what you want. Fort William is great to get provisions for your trip, fuel etc. but a do aggree the high street has lots of closed places - but that’s most high streets these days...

I must also point out that being close to places like Fort William means you get access to things you easily forget when traveling around in your van.

At 9pm when you need an emergency vet to remove a 9 stone dogs spleen I am glad of places like Fort William! We got a fantastic service from crown vets in Fort William.

That part of Scotland is still stunning, it’s just Fort William that is a bit rubbish. I know Ben Nevis has to be done but it’s it’s a shame it’s such a dreary and crowded walk compared to so many others in the area. It can be improved a lot by doing Carn Mor Dearg and the arête
Agreed, doing Carn Mor Dearg and crossing the arete to the Ben is far better than just the straight trudge up, though I think I was in my 30s when I last did it and I was shattered, not sure I could do it again. Actually did it twice in a week as it was cloudy at the top the first time and I felt cheated so did it again in clear weather 3 days later.
To use a cliché, I remember when the land where the supermarkets and Nevisport are were all fields thar we used to wade through on the way home and where the fair was in the summer. I really am that old :D

Agreed, doing Carn Mor Dearg and crossing the arete to the Ben is far better than just the straight trudge up, though I think I was in my 30s when I last did it and I was shattered, not sure I could do it again. Actually did it twice in a week as it was cloudy at the top the first time and I felt cheated so did it again in clear weather 3 days later.
To use a cliché, I remember when the land where the supermarkets and Nevisport are were all fields thar we used to wade through on the way home and where the fair was in the summer. I really am that old :D
You were lucky to get a day when it was clear at the top - doesn't happen too many days a year. This was the last time I went up. Although it was roasting on the climb, visibility at the top was no more than about 50m :(

IMG_0032.JPG

Back