Dynavin T6.1 fit

Anyone fitted the Dynavin head unit for the T6.1? Good video here;
Looks interesting but not sure of the quality but it is German so it’s all good isn’t it

I have this fitted in my T6.1

I got this because I was so fed up with CarPlay crackling - and this issue has been solved so that is a positive

The SOS system works

The MFD works

The rear camera works

My problems are - I no longer get DAB or traditional radio signal where I live - this all worked perfectly before the Dynavin was fitted - but now only works near a bigger town/city. This has become more tolerable now that mobile signal has returned to my hometown following the mast being down for 5 months so at least now I can get radio stations through CarPlay.

To me it seems to take a while to set itself up when you start up but once on is good.

Feel free to ask any questions - don't make them too technical though!

Thanks for the info. I ended up buying an android head unit from eBay this morning on someone else’s recommendation. so fingers crossed it’s not a disappointment.

I have this fitted in my T6.1

I got this because I was so fed up with CarPlay crackling - and this issue has been solved so that is a positive

The SOS system works

The MFD works

The rear camera works

My problems are - I no longer get DAB or traditional radio signal where I live - this all worked perfectly before the Dynavin was fitted - but now only works near a bigger town/city. This has become more tolerable now that mobile signal has returned to my hometown following the mast being down for 5 months so at least now I can get radio stations through CarPlay.

To me it seems to take a while to set itself up when you start up but once on is good.

Feel free to ask any questions - don't make them too technical though!
Hi, please may I ask (if you have time) for any images for the vehicle settings access? Kindest regards Tim.

That's great I'm just about to buy one I think! Do you have SOS I've heard you have to keep the original VW microphone wired into the loom as well as the kit microphone with this unit!?
Yes the SOS works and it does require 2 mics.

It can be a bit slow to fire up in the mornings and I really only use CarPlay on it for nav, music and radio but it does what it should

Hi there, been looking at this unit myself, what does the parking sensor / rear view camera screen look like? If you have any pics I’d be very grateful, thank you ☺️

Take it with this kit you also lose use of the dashboard USB-C points?
Yes, you lose the USB-C ports unfortunately.

Here are pics of rear view and parking sensor:

1.jpeg2.jpeg

Yes, you lose the USB-C ports unfortunately.

Here are pics of rear view and parking sensor:

View attachment 218706View attachment 218707
Thanks for that, actually looks way better than I thought it would

Another quick question, last one I promise, can you still use the VW Connect app through this? Obviously with the original head unit you use that to register for VW connect so I was curious what happens with that once you remove the original unit.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Thanks for that, actually looks way better than I thought it would

Another quick question, last one I promise, can you still use the VW Connect app through this? Obviously with the original head unit you use that to register for VW connect so I was curious what happens with that once you remove the original unit.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
Yes, the App works exactly as it should

Yes, the App works exactly as it should
Brilliant, good to know, did have a think on the USB C ports and I reckon you could use a cable I found on eBay to link the VW USB port module to the USB 2 adaptor of the Dynavin, see attached pic

IMG_4322.png

Brilliant, good to know, did have a think on the USB C ports and I reckon you could use a cable I found on eBay to link the VW USB port module to the USB 2 adaptor of the Dynavin, see attached pic
You have now gone way over my knowledge level now!

I just have 2 normal USB ports now coming out of the glove box, connect one to a magsafe adaptor to mount and charge phone and connect to CarPlay wirelessly.

I just have 2 normal USB ports now coming out of the glove box, connect one to a magsafe adaptor to mount and charge phone and connect to CarPlay wirelessly.
Ha, I’ve had my dash apart so many times I know what’s what with the electronics. Had a T6 before the 6.1 so I know my way around, used that same cable on an Alpine unit in my T6 to use the factory USB points.

Your solution is good too, I tried to install the OEM wireless charging point in the cup holder by gear lever but it doesn’t play well with newer iPhone modules, not enough wattage.

I’ve bought a MagSafe charging puck though like you and I’m going to cut it into the OEM rubber charging pad and wire it into an external USB socket converter I have so I’ll have MagSafe charging with an original look hopefully

IMG_2997.jpeg

IMG_2992.jpeg

Just another quick request on this please, do you have any pics of the unit whilst using the DAB radio and CarPlay? Presume the DAB receives station logos too? I have read online you can upload them manually to the Dynavin? I presume you’re still using this unit with no long term problems / issues?

Thanks, Ben

Just another quick request on this please, do you have any pics of the unit whilst using the DAB radio and CarPlay? Presume the DAB receives station logos too? I have read online you can upload them manually to the Dynavin? I presume you’re still using this unit with no long term problems / issues?

Thanks, Ben
Hi

Here are some pics of CarPlay and DAB. I have not uploaded the station logos so they dont appear.

My problems with the unit are the same as from the beginning - it is a bit slow to start up and I have almost non existent DAB coverage at home - this is not the units fault more likely the instal/aerial in my opinion.

If you want different pictures let me know.

IMG_5147.jpeg

IMG_5146.jpeg

IMG_5145.jpeg

IMG_5144.jpeg

IMG_5143.jpeg

IMG_5142.jpeg

Back