Duvalay Query

Lee

T6 Pro
So thinking about getting a Duvalay sleeping bag, anyone know if these are useful for RIB beds and pop top beds.

Still recovering froma bad back after a weekend away.

Those who have tried them seem to like them, I'm thinking of getting them for me and the wife (on a Cali bed) but will probably do it next year.

I've just bought one, me and the mrs will have to fight over it, if its good I will get another one next year.

Away at the weekend so will post back how I got on.

We have just done 6 nights in our Duvalay sleeping bags on a RIB bed - really comfortable. Can't comment on using in the pop top as my son is happy up there just using the foam mattress and sleeping bag.

See https://www.t6forum.com/threads/bedding.709/ for a similar discussion

Yes we had 2 on the RIB - they squash in nicely. We bought the 4cm ones as a 2 season pack (comes with 10.5 tog and a 4.5 tog quilt and you can put both in to get to 15 tog) - the quilts are just bog standard single quilts so, if buying again I'd probably just go for either the 10.5 or the 4.5 and buy more quilts if I felt they were needed. Worth noting that you will have quite a bit of the quilt doubled up as they are designed to overhang caravan beds so you will probably need a lower tog then you expect - using the 10.5 tog quilts last week in the Lake District was more than enough for us.

Hi Dave,

Wondering if you can help, I phoned them up to change the order to the 2 season pack, I mentioned that it was for a VW T6 van and they mentioned that their Duvalays are becoming more popular with VW customers and that they made a 58cm version specifically for the VW's... though its not on their website.

Sounds ideal, however, you obviously lose a bit in space (standard is 68cm). So yes, I'm a bit torn, the extra 10cm I guess is ideal for if one is on the RIB or pop top, though I guess two 68cm together on the RIB would leave a lot of overlap. She mentioned on the phone this might be an issue with trying to tuck the memory foam down the side. That said, there is a fair bit of space on one of the sides.

Yes, bit torn, 58 or 68cm.

Ours are 66x190 - edges butt up nicely down the centre of the rib and the other sides just squash in and/or tuck in. We have ours both with the opening down the middle.

Back