Dust Seal option?

IMG_0278.JPG IMG_0279.JPG
I'm not used to uploading forum photos so I hope these get there!
Here's the right-hand door detail for the forum-supplied dust seal. The left-hand door is different but follows the same position around the door.
I demonstrated the "shut" to the stealer technician who had previously done his best with it. He was very surprised at the difference it had made.
I also drove on the motorway for the first time after fitting the seals. The van is very definitely quieter, no question IMG_0280.JPG

Just a minor point.......and caravelle owners might correct me here.......but where the additional dust seal runs along the bottom of the door, when I checked a caravelle before doing mine......the seal just continues horizontally to the edge of the door, and doesn't (at least not on the one I checked) then climb up to follow the profile of the arch. In other words, the additional seal is in an L shape as opposed to a J shape.......if that makes sense? Anyway, whatever works for you.....just thought I'd mention it. Does that upward curved bit not affect the closing of the door? :thumbsup:

This has to be one of the best, cost-effective options... Such a difference for £27.99!
So much quieter on those concrete road surfaces!

For anybody ordering a dust seal as a factory fit. The code is 6UI

Yes 5 m is more than enough to do both just cut as required

This Is one of the best mods I've done. Bought from the forum shop and an easy install. The doors have went from that sort of empty hollow sound when closing the doors to a nice solid thud. Feels car like

Another thumbs up for these , doors close with a solid thud and noise is definately reduced. I fitted mine in an L to meet existing seal at front of the door as suggested by @mopardave . Well happy

Another thumbs up for these , doors close with a solid thud and noise is definately reduced. I fitted mine in an L to meet existing seal at front of the door as suggested by @mopardave . Well happy
Cheers mate......glad you're pleased. Did you use the Carbuilder solutions seal? Each to their own but there seem to be some variations as to the fitting.......I just did it as per VW's fitting "convention".......not sure why anyone would do it differently? Anyway.....just my thoughts.:thumbsup:

Cheers mate......glad you're pleased. Did you use the Carbuilder solutions seal? Each to their own but there seem to be some variations as to the fitting.......I just did it as per VW's fitting "convention".......not sure why anyone would do it differently? Anyway.....just my thoughts.:thumbsup:
I used the one from the forum shop. I confess without your suggestion I would have probably continued to follow the 'indent' around as there were no instructions and I have never seen VW fitting. Definitely a good value mod.

I finally got around to fitting these seals today and all I can say is WOW what a difference.

I would definitely recommend this mod to anyone.

Back