Dsg Clicking Noise When Moving Off . . . . . .

Dellmassive

T32 204 DSG LWB SLN PV MY18 & T30 SWB KMB MY67
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Master
Not a problem or an issue, . . . more of something i keep noticing.

has anyone else noticed it?

After moving from a T5.1 T32 180 4M DSG to a T6 T32 204 DSG. i keep noticing a clicking noise when moving off from a standstill.

At first i thought it was pebbles stuck in the tyres pinging out and hitting the under body . . .

But now after a few months I've tuned into the noise.

I think its the hydraulic solenoids for the DSG box . . . or more to point the dual clutch part.

when pulling off there is a click . . . then another.

if i move off a bit faster then the clicks are a bit faster in succession.

this is noticeable when you have the windows open and next to something so you can hear the sound bouncing back at you..

I've also noticed it when decelerating to a standstill, say pulling up at a set of lights next to a truck with the windows down and the radio off. . . . i think its the solenoids clicking disengaging the clutch packs in the DSG. you get this click . . . click,click. . . . . click.

so not an issue, as the van runs fine . . . . but never noticed in on the previous van DSG version. and certainly notice it on this one.

im assuming its a new DSG gearbox revision or new solenoid pack version, something is defiantly different than the old T5.1 DSG box. (most noticeable is the bite points and take of points - massively different)

so just asking the DSG guys if its just my ears being picky or if anyone else has noticed it?

Can’t say I have ever noticed any kind of click/s on mine

Not a problem or an issue, . . . more of something i keep noticing.

has anyone else noticed it?

After moving from a T5.1 T32 180 4M DSG to a T6 T32 204 DSG. i keep noticing a clicking noise when moving off from a standstill.

At first i thought it was pebbles stuck in the tyres pinging out and hitting the under body . . .

But now after a few months I've tuned into the noise.

I think its the hydraulic solenoids for the DSG box . . . or more to point the dual clutch part.

when pulling off there is a click . . . then another.

if i move off a bit faster then the clicks are a bit faster in succession.

this is noticeable when you have the windows open and next to something so you can hear the sound bouncing back at you..

I've also noticed it when decelerating to a standstill, say pulling up at a set of lights next to a truck with the windows down and the radio off. . . . i think its the solenoids clicking disengaging the clutch packs in the DSG. you get this click . . . click,click. . . . . click.

so not an issue, as the van runs fine . . . . but never noticed in on the previous van DSG version. and certainly notice it on this one.

im assuming its a new DSG gearbox revision or new solenoid pack version, something is defiantly different than the old T5.1 DSG box. (most noticeable is the bite points and take of points - massively different)

so just asking the DSG guys if its just my ears being picky or if anyone else has noticed it?
Nor mine, and I notice every strange noise, they drive me mad!!

I'll see if I can catch it on a video

I have exactly the same setup re. T5.1 180 4m DSG & T6 204 4m DSG & can't say as I've noticed any clicking, but I'll keep an ear out

Are you pulling away in a straight line or turning at the same time. What you’re described sounbs like driveshaft issue.

Ok Guys

heres todays video . . . . . lets see if you can hear it too?

Well I can definitely hear the clicks, I heard the first one around 2.25 which is a good few seconds before you pulled away so I’m guessing that was when you engaged a gear ?
Could well be the solenoids moving in and out, never noticed in on mine but then again I have never driven with a GoPro strapped to the side of my van, is it noticeable from the cab when driving or only when the windows are open and the sound is reflecting off something ?

Well I can definitely hear the clicks, I heard the first one around 2.25 which is a good few seconds before you pulled away so I’m guessing that was when you engaged a gear ?
Could well be the solenoids moving in and out, never noticed in on mine but then again I have never driven with a GoPro strapped to the side of my van, is it noticeable from the cab when driving or only when the windows are open and the sound is reflecting off something ?

yep, think that was engaging the R gear.

and yes at 2.25 . . . . i couldnt list them all.

its ONLY noticeable when the windows are open and the sound is reflecting off something.

if the windows are closed then you cant hear it.

i think its the DGS solenoids moving the gear selector forks and the two clutch pack solenoids . . . .

not an issue at all . . . . . but while the weather has been nice I've had the windows open and started to notice it . . . . . . . . . . now i cant stop hearing it.

its driving me mad !!!

oh well winter soon and the windows will be closed again.

for now ill just have to turn up the radio =]

I heard it, I to have a strange noise but can’t seem to catch it with my phone!

Tested mine today, parked next to a big wall, window down, deffo no clicking coming from mine. 204 4motion dsg.

Back