DSG 2nd to 1st slight Jerk

Pau1GTI

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi Guys,

I'm sure it's just me being paranoid but I feel a very slight jump,jerk feeling as my DSG changes fron 2nd to 1st when coming to a stop. This is my 2nd van with this gearbox and I can't recall this on my last van. It is very slight and doesn't do it every time I must say. Going up the box is super smooth.

Anyone noticed similar?

Cheers chaps
Paul

What’s the mileage? Has it had the DSG serviced? I had an issue that started out with a noisy flywheel, that progressed to vibrations through floor and jerky in 1st and 2nd at slow speeds. A thud when lifting off the throttle, I had a new gearbox mount whilst it was getting done. All ok now like a new van. VW told me 3 times they couldn’t find a fault and all checks out normal.

Hi Guys,

I'm sure it's just me being paranoid but I feel a very slight jump,jerk feeling as my DSG changes fron 2nd to 1st when coming to a stop. This is my 2nd van with this gearbox and I can't recall this on my last van. It is very slight and doesn't do it every time I must say. Going up the box is super smooth.

Anyone noticed similar?

Cheers chaps
Paul

Interesting thanks. It's just been serviced at 48k. It's now on 54k..

It's just on the 2nd to 1st downshift. The rest is super super smooth.

Good to know about the mount tho thanks.

It could also be the flywheel tho but a mount is easy to change and much less costly as a starting point
Interesting thanks. It's just been serviced at 48k. It's now on 54k..

It's just on the 2nd to 1st downshift. The rest is super super smooth.

Good to know about the mount tho thanks.

Mine has been like this from new, I believe it is the map as it went improved when I had the TVS remap.

Mat

It is unfair for me to comment yet as I haven't given the people who mapped it a chance to correct the issue which is down to me finding the time to do the 5 hour round trip.
With the issue I have aside it is much better in sports mode, I would recommend!

Mat

I would recommend you do a full DSG reset in the first instance. This could well sort your issue.

Back