1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drl fuse location?

Discussion in 'Electrics, Lighting, ICE, Security' started by rgp5454, 27 Dec 2016.

1. rgp5454

rgp5454 New Member VIP Member

Hi all, I popped a fuse on one of my drl' but can't for the life of me find the fuse. I've downloaded all the wiring diagrams gone through all the fuses in engine bay and lower dash but no luck.

2. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member Admin Moderator VCDS User

Map
    Is it only one DRL that has gone out ?
    From what i have found so far lighting tends to be fused in groups of lights, not sure they are fused individually so may be something else.
    Have you checked for voltage on the wires/contacts when they are turned on ?

3. Pauly

Map
    Just been having a look through some technical documents for you and cant find an exact answer regards the fusing.
    What i can tell you is that fuses (Fusebox C = lower dash) C3, C5, C12, C41, C47 control everything in your headlights (plus some other stuff like interior and rear lights) so one of these does the DRLs
    Fuse 5 (interior and rear lights) & Fuse 12 (foglights) are the least likely but if it is only one lamp then my money is still on it not being a fuse

Out of interest have you changed to LEDs ? I have seen a couple T6s that had one DRL lamp base with the wires the wrong way around meaning an LED lamp would not work in one of the sides

4. rgp5454

Yea I changed bulbs to led, one bulb smoked itself. I ordered more from another retailer but drivers side doesn't work, I've swapped bulb to other side and it works ok, also got no voltage at drivers bulb holder.

5. Pauly

Map
    And all other lights/lamps on vehicle are working ok ?
    Do you have a bulb out warning on dash ?
    Can you let us know what vehicle model/age you have and if you are in possession of VCDS

6. rgp5454

I can't see any other bulbs out, yes got bulb out warning on dash.
    T6 204 kombi which is about 6 weeks old, don't have vcds

7. rgp5454

Any ideas?

8. Pauly

Map
    Have you double checked the fuses listed above, sometimes its hard to see the rupture in a fuse, i would check each one with a meter to confirm ok.

9. rgp5454

Finally got to the bottom of my problem. Logged in with vcds and it showed that my drl had fused on l/hand side, reset fault code and everything is fine.

10. Pauly

Map
    Interesting find didnt realise it would need a reset !!

11. travelvolts

travelvolts Senior Member T6 Guru

I've come across this on some T5s with the interior lights. Fault blows fuse, fuse replaced, sidelights work but no interior lights. Scan and clear fault codes, interior lights work again!

12. T6 Dave

T6 Dave Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Sounds like a Volvo, but worse is it's the indicators afaik on some of them, so in Europe what are you meant to do? "Sorry Mr Policeman with gun, I've replaced the bulb, not my fault honest" (always be polite if they have a side arm ;):whistle:).