Drl fuse location?

rgp5454

Hi all, I popped a fuse on one of my drl' but can't for the life of me find the fuse. I've downloaded all the wiring diagrams gone through all the fuses in engine bay and lower dash but no luck.

Is it only one DRL that has gone out ?
From what i have found so far lighting tends to be fused in groups of lights, not sure they are fused individually so may be something else.
Have you checked for voltage on the wires/contacts when they are turned on ?

Just been having a look through some technical documents for you and cant find an exact answer regards the fusing.
What i can tell you is that fuses (Fusebox C = lower dash) C3, C5, C12, C41, C47 control everything in your headlights (plus some other stuff like interior and rear lights) so one of these does the DRLs
Fuse 5 (interior and rear lights) & Fuse 12 (foglights) are the least likely but if it is only one lamp then my money is still on it not being a fuse

Out of interest have you changed to LEDs ? I have seen a couple T6s that had one DRL lamp base with the wires the wrong way around meaning an LED lamp would not work in one of the sides

Yea I changed bulbs to led, one bulb smoked itself. I ordered more from another retailer but drivers side doesn't work, I've swapped bulb to other side and it works ok, also got no voltage at drivers bulb holder.

And all other lights/lamps on vehicle are working ok ?
Do you have a bulb out warning on dash ?
Can you let us know what vehicle model/age you have and if you are in possession of VCDS

I can't see any other bulbs out, yes got bulb out warning on dash.
T6 204 kombi which is about 6 weeks old, don't have vcds

Have you double checked the fuses listed above, sometimes its hard to see the rupture in a fuse, i would check each one with a meter to confirm ok.

Finally got to the bottom of my problem. Logged in with vcds and it showed that my drl had fused on l/hand side, reset fault code and everything is fine.

Interesting find didnt realise it would need a reset !!

I've come across this on some T5s with the interior lights. Fault blows fuse, fuse replaced, sidelights work but no interior lights. Scan and clear fault codes, interior lights work again!

Sounds like a Volvo, but worse is it's the indicators afaik on some of them, so in Europe what are you meant to do? "Sorry Mr Policeman with gun, I've replaced the bulb, not my fault honest" (always be polite if they have a side arm ;):whistle:).

Interesting find didnt realise it would need a reset !!
I have a similar problem, (H7 headlight) my drivers side drl has stopped working, I took out the bulb and it was ok and I confirmed this with a multimeter. I did fit a new bulb just to confirm and this did not work either . Would you advise getting it checked with VCDS ?

Have you tried a BCU reset? (Disconnect battery and put the lead’s together to drain the memory)

Have you tried a BCU reset? (Disconnect battery and put the lead’s together to drain the memory)
Hi , i didn't even know what a BCU reset was ? Is it ok to touch the pos and negative together ? Does it not damage anything ? Thanks

Do you have a welding mask?

Only joking. You can trust Loz. He’s an overall good egg and a Handy Andy.
UPDATE - I've found the problem, the bulb holder looks frazzled , im not sure why its happened though. As a test I swapped the bulb holder from the passanger side to the drivers side and it works fine.
Does anyone know a part number so i can order a new one ?20191117_122539.jpg

Back