Drivers Door Lock

StormUk

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi, just wondering if anyone can shed some light on a little problem I have with my drivers door. When I unlock the van with the central locking button (from the outside) when I pull the handle to open the door it never works first time, always have to operate it again to open it. Anyone know what could be causing this please? I assume it isn't supposed to do this. Another issue I found when messing with my new Carista. I switched on the auto lock doors when driving and unlock doors when the key is removed. When I remove the key the doors unlock but the drivers door internal handle doesn't always operate and takes several pulls before it opens the door (internal handle was ok before). Switch the unlock when remove keys off and the internal handle works fine again first time, everytime. Again, any clue please?

I had a similar issue with the barn-door lock. I took my camper back to Danbury, who found the lock linkages were rusty. They cleaned linkages, lubricated and no issues since.
Hope this helps.

I had a similar issue with the barn-door lock. I took my camper back to Danbury, who found the lock linkages were rusty. They cleaned linkages, lubricated and no issues since.
Hope this helps.
Thanks, looks like I need to have a look at my door lock and see if this is my problem.

Back