Drivers door alarm LED light

BoroBoy

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Any ideas how to access this light? Do I need to remove the door card to gain access, or can the light housing be removed separately?

You can using a trim tool prize it up and out, but it is easier with the card off, depends on what you are trying to do.

I changed mine to Blue and put a matching 1 in the passengers, it's easier with the card of that way you can access the plug to make replacing the led easier.

The led clips into the black plastic carrier..... which in turn locks it into place on the door card.

The official removal would be....

Door card off.

Push led downwards realising clips to remove led.

Then remove led carrier.

To make taking cards off more attractive - could always expand the project with puddle lights, red warning lights on door cards, sound deaden doors inner skin ;)

I changed mine to Blue and put a matching 1 in the passengers, it's easier with the card of that way you can access the plug to make replacing the led easier.

I changed mine for a super bright blue a while back and I have a spare. Can I ask how you connected it to the driver’s side? Did you drag it over to the other door, or connect directly to the BCM? If so, where did you grab the signal? TIA.

I changed mine for a super bright blue a while back and I have a spare. Can I ask how you connected it to the driver’s side? Did you drag it over to the other door, or connect directly to the BCM? If so, where did you grab the signal? TIA.
I ran a pair from 1 door to the other thought it was the easiest way .

Thanks! That was my initial thought, but I wondered if there was a quick way to access the BCM rather than pull a wire through. :thumbsup:

Back