Driveaway Awning Decisions - Narrowed Down To 2 Options ! Anyone Help

iprice606

VIP Member
Hi guys hoping you can help. Just finished my van conversion and i want to invest in an awning as well. for context i have 2 small kids (9 & 4) and my van is a full conversion with pop top.

Some of the key requirements i wanted from this awning were

1. A decent extended space
2. Drive Away kit
3. Air inflated (no poles)
4. Space for additional bedrooms if people come with us
5. Not so heavy in terms of packing away and lugging around (although i do appreciate this can be challenging)

The ones i had ear marked so far that kind of meet these points above were:

1. Outdoor Revolution Movielite T4E PC
2. Vango Galli 3 Air Low

I was wandering if people could offer any insight into this or advice or if i have any others i have blatantly missed

Appreciate the support everyone

We have a Vango Galli 3 Air Low. Works well for us, easy to put up, loads of space. It is heavy though...

Morning @Troj Thanks for coming back to me. Yeah i am really struggling between the . Can have internal bedrooms etc for additional people?

I was in the same position at the start of last year and went for the Vango Margra as liked the practicality of front / rear doors and thinking it would be big enough. However after a couple of trips it was clear that it just didn't offer enough space, so I've upgraded to the Vango Galli 3 Air TC. Yep its bulkier but the extra space is so much better....

I am looking at exactly the same thing to purchase in the coming weeks, I am leaning towards the Outdoor Revolution as it has more flexibility. I do wonder though if I am missing something as so many people have the Galli?

We had an outdoor revolution Movelite, absolute garbage. The quality was shocking. Took it back for a full refund.
Caveat Emptor.

Swapped the OR for a Dorema & then realised we didn’t actually need an awning, so gave up on them altogether. The Dorema was top quality but just not for us. The Outdoor Revolution was utter rubbish. We bought it from Glossop caravans & they eventually admitted that it wasn’t fit for purpose. Personally I wouldn’t bother with a drive away, I’d go for a stand-alone pop up tent if we needed the space.

Swapped the OR for a Dorema & then realised we didn’t actually need an awning, so gave up on them altogether. The Dorema was top quality but just not for us. The Outdoor Revolution was utter rubbish. We bought it from Glossop caravans & they eventually admitted that it wasn’t fit for purpose. Personally I wouldn’t bother with a drive away, I’d go for a stand-alone pop up tent if we needed the space.
Ok interesting that’s who I was engaging about that model as well ha ha !!

I have the Vango Galli 2 Low and I can’t fault it, literally put it up for sale on here this week due to getting a caravan

I went to A&E leisure at northwich (long way from Leicester but if I’m spending that kinda money I want to see and feel what I’m buying and have comparisons to hand too) they have the vango galli 3 and OR T4 up along with about a dozen or more others in their Wharehouse, went for the galli 3 TC in the end, they both can have sleeping pods clicked in, for us the galli just felt roomier and lighter inside and also better material and finish but I’m no expert…
Got a great deal through Gina Williams too who you can find on many a VW fb group such as DOC, got a big discount and free carpet and footprint too…

@JimDiesel Thanks so much for the info. Was that the OR T4E PC model you compared against or the non PC model? I may have a bit more of a look into the Galli 3 model

We’ve got the movelite T4. It’s solid and very well made. One handy feature is the availability of the canopy that fits both to the front of the awning and also via a retro adapter to the T6 awning rail, so works both for touring and longer stays. This might be possible with the Vango but I’m not sure.

After looking at the Gali and an OR side by side it seemed clear to me why people choose the Vango and did the same and it’s in the boot now. I cannot recommend A&E in Northwich enough, I dealt with Gary who was excellent, they have links to Gina Williams mentioned above and using her I got a good deal, she’s easy to find on Facebook!

I went to A&E leisure they have the vango galli 3 and OR T4 up along with about a dozen or more others in their Wharehouse, went for the galli 3 TC in the end, they both can have sleeping pods clicked in, for us the galli just felt roomier and lighter inside and also better material and finish but I’m no expert…
Got a great deal through Gina Williams too who you can find on many a VW fb group such as DOC, got a big discount and free carpet and footprint too…
After looking at the Gali and an OR side by side it seemed clear to me why people choose the Vango and did the same and it’s in the boot now. I cannot recommend A&E in Northwich enough, I dealt with Gary who was excellent, they have links to Gina Williams mentioned above and using her I got a good deal, she’s easy to find on Facebook!
I don’t think you will regret it Buddy

Back