Download

Jonsl

Hi all I'm after some information please from people who have done download festival please,

I'm thinking of doing a camper van stay next year (2024),I have a vw transporter shuttle/MPV the I'm doing up to be a camper I will be have a fold out area over the top of some of the 8 seats to act as a platform for a air mattress that will also be folded up during the day, I'm also going to have a gas burning stove top attached to a pull out draw and a fresh water butt/bottle in the van, I also have a awning that is attached to the van is this acceptable for the campervam area ? Or will they kick me out

Thanks for any help

Not sure why you think it wouldn’t be acceptable?
Festival organisers main concern seems to be fire, glass and getting the money in the bank. You will have a fixed area as shown in the T&C’s, the staff parking vehicles are generally pretty strict on this although this area is probably enough for an awning. Most festivals have two different pitch sizes for campervans / motorhomes.
Don’t expect campsite style privacy, everybody is in each others face on and off the arena, part of the festival experience.
Sadly don’t leave anything unattended that you can’t afford to lose, there are scumbags in any population.

Last edited:
Festival organisers main concern seems to be fire, glass and getting the money in the bank. You will have a fixed area as shown in the T&C’s, the staff parking vehicles are generally pretty strict on this although this area is probably enough for an awning. Most festivals have two different pitch sizes for campervans / motorhomes.
Don’t expect campsite style privacy, everybody is in each others face on and off the arena, part of the festival experience.
Sadly don’t leave anything unattended that you can’t afford to lose, there are scumbags in any population.

I thought I'd read all the info correctly and I was sure I'd got everything they'd require but as this is my first time doing it I thought I ask the question thanks for putting my mind at easy

Reactions: CAB

I get why you're asking, is it because of their definition of a campervan, relating spefically to gas?

Looks like you'll be fine with the awning, do you think they may have an issue with your gas burning stove attached to a pull out draw?

I doubt they will check that closely, I've never been to Download but if it's like any of the other festivals I've been to they'll happily wave you in with no problems.

Have fun

Screenshot 2023-06-13 093741.png

It’s a convenient way of stopping white vans turning up on the campsite full of booze and food to sell on. They can’t search every van.

Back